• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Taurahe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Greenwood
    Pleas move if this belongs in another thread....
    I was curious if anyone here has heard anything about required proof of ownership in indiana. Supposedly, a friend of my best friend was pulled over and had his gun confiscated by the LEO, because he was unable to provide proof that he owned the firearm roadside. According to this person, the leo gave him a big stack of paperwork and said he has to go to court to petition to get his gun back. I called BS, obviously, but I was wondering if anyone has heard anything of the sorts. Supposedly, the LEO told him that it was a new law , yet I have heard neither hide nor hair of any such law anywhere, let alone in indiana. I called the ISP headquarters and they too called BS, and said if a law were to go into effect it would not be until july 1st.
    Can anyone shine some light on this for me ?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    No, but I have an ex brother in law, and he was pulled over, several years ago, 3-4 Officers, one a State Trooper.

IIRC, The IPD, officer told him he had to produce a receipt or he was going to jail .....

The reason, he was pulled over, he had a shotgun barrel sticking out the back window, of his suv .....

Anyway, the Trooper, wanted to haul him off, and the IPD, officer, told him to back off, it was his bust .....

He produced a receipt, for one handgun, and went happily on his way .....

NEVER heard of this B4, that incident .....

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I had a cop in Terre Haute tell me that about 20 years ago. He said he didn't care if someone had a license, if he didn't have a receipt for the firearm he would confiscate it as a stolen firearm.

I told him I had a license, and a firearm, and no receipt... go ahead and confiscate it and good luck with the immediate lawsuit.

He didn't confiscate it.

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    Last winter, all I had to do was show my LTCH, and that was it. After answering a couple questions, and verifying I was not the one they were looking for, my firearm and knives were returned to me with no issue. I was free to go. I call 'shenanigans'.

Top Bottom