• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I really don't understand WHY people think they need to see a LTCH to sell a firearm in Indiana. The ONLY restrictions - Federal (ATF) or Indiana law is that the person be a resident of the state, 18 years old AND that YOU DO NOT KNOW OR HAVE REASONABLE CAUSE to believe that the person is not a person that is legal to own a firearm. Obviously I would not sell to anyone that appeared Drunk, talked about blowing up the courthouse or had pupils the size of saucers in the sunlight. But I have many friends and relatives that own firearms for hunting and home defense that do not have a LTCH.

To me people that are so scared to sell are undermining the 2nd amendment - Why should a person have to have a LTCH to purchase a firearm? Yes I do have a LTCH as well as an FFL-03 - but certainly am not going to ask anyone for anything - but to see their Indiana DL to purchase a firearm if I sell them one.

It has nothing to do with requirements. For some it's just a personal choice.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I really don't understand WHY people think they need to see a LTCH to sell a firearm in Indiana. The ONLY restrictions - Federal (ATF) or Indiana law is that the person be a resident of the state, 18 years old AND that YOU DO NOT KNOW OR HAVE REASONABLE CAUSE to believe that the person is not a person that is legal to own a firearm. Obviously I would not sell to anyone that appeared Drunk, talked about blowing up the courthouse or had pupils the size of saucers in the sunlight. But I have many friends and relatives that own firearms for hunting and home defense that do not have a LTCH.

To me people that are so scared to sell are undermining the 2nd amendment - Why should a person have to have a LTCH to purchase a firearm? Yes I do have a LTCH as well as an FFL-03 - but certainly am not going to ask anyone for anything - but to see their Indiana DL to purchase a firearm if I sell them one.
    I have said this 100 TIMES, if YOUR NAME, is on the 4473, NO MATTER WHO YOU sell it to, IF it is used in a CRIME, YOU will be the first stop, of the POLICE..... I ALWAYS, get some kind of recipt..... I REQUIRE an In. LTCH..... for ANY firearm transaction ..... That is me, YOU, can do whatever you want to .....

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    It has nothing to do with requirements. For some it's just a personal choice.

Indeed. And I personally choose to cover my a$$. There will be a "paper trail" leading to me but, if you buy a gun from me, the trail will not stop with me. I've said this before.........You wanta' buy a gun from me, you play by my rules. Don't like my rules? That's OK, but you won't be buying my gun. Simple as that.

To say that's undermining the 2nd Amendment is beyond ridiculous.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Only real option a seller has to determine if the buyer is a stand-up kinda guy. You don't have to ask for it but as a CYOA kind of precaution, I think it's only a minor inconvenience to show it.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Any paper trail that makes it to me... ends with me.

I wouldn't ask more than the law requires (Indiana resident age 18+) nor does my a$$ need "covered". Seriously, folks, they're just guns.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I have said this 100 TIMES, if YOUR NAME, is on the 4473, NO MATTER WHO YOU sell it to, IF it is used in a CRIME, YOU will be the first stop, of the POLICE..... I ALWAYS, get some kind of recipt..... I REQUIRE an In. LTCH..... for ANY firearm transaction ..... That is me, YOU, can do whatever you want to .....

I guess you just don't care about the Second Amendment. Your new nickname is Barack Holder Brady.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    YOU will be the first stop, of the POLICE.....

Actually, the manufacturer is the first.

Then the wholesaler.

Then the retailer.

Then the individual.

If it just so happens that you are the individual, but the gun is no longer yours... that's as far as it goes. If you don't have a bill of sale, nothing different happens than if you did. Because it's not required. Don't create a panic problem that's not there by inferring anything different.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    All sales need to go through a FFL, that would end all the threads like this. :dunno::ingo:

No.

oh and Hell no.

Did I mention NO?

In case there is any doubt. No.

Let's require all car sales to go through a car dealer.
    Let's require all over the counter medicine sales to go through a doctor.
    Want to print something at home? NO... Throw away that home printer!! All your printing are belong to me.

Top Bottom