• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    The last time I had lunch with my buddy I asked him if looking at these sorts of things combined with my interest in guns would get me put on a list. He said no. He told me it was more likely for his agency to receive a tip from a site adminsitrator of a website or from some other online service pointing out suspicious activity. Then they would assign someone to investigate and see if the person needed to be watched further. He said that in my case as soon as I was able to show any investigator some full length novels with information from the websites I had visited that most likely any investigation would end.

So, to get off a list, you had better have written a full-length novel? What if you just use the information to write a blog post? No, wait. Blogging is more "evidence" of right-wing extremism.

My brain hurts.:D

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    So, to get off a list, you had better have written a full-length novel? What if you just use the information to write a blog post? No, wait. Blogging is more "evidence" of right-wing extremism.

My brain hurts.:D

He gave me an example of a guy that he had investigated. The tip was that the guy was looking at aerial photos of some city and had made two trips to a suspect country. Subsequent investigation revealed he was getting ready to marry a girl from "back home" and had a job offer in the city and was looking at real estate there.

I think a lot is going to depend on the human element and how much common sense is allowed into the process.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    To the current ruling junta, believing in the Constitution makes you a right wing nut job.

I listen to militia radio from time to time and I would term those guys as nut jobs and cranks.

45acp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Carmel
    Well I'm glad I asked the question I read all of the replys and I think I will join the IDPA instead.

Ciao

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Where exactly does the "SIM" fall in the chain of command?

Are you in the same chain of command as the Crips and Bloods? Of course these are just two of the other well known militia groups that the "Governor would be quick to call on in case of emergency". I understand that they (and other groups) are also ready to come to the aid of their fellow citizens in the event of an emergency.

Go play in the woods.......

dougo3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    Northwest Indiana
    Yeah, I think I remember something about a recent President signing a law that allowed the government to spy on its own citizens without any wiretap warrants. Funny thing, though... I'm pretty sure he wasn't liberal! :D

Yeah, go figure. But you won't hear any teabaggers spouting off about that.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    In our current world enviornment the militia isn't really a big factor but the option should always be left open. What I mean is if a major disaster or war were to break out and America were invaded then we need to be able to defend our country. Also, with political divide growing and states declaring more of their rights from the current administration, we could see things getting stressed more and our military is thousands of miles away instead of defending the homeland where it should be. (tinfoil off) I don't see anything wrong with forming a militia but I feel I am better served with like minded people working together politically and as a unit if a disaster hit locally.

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    Maybe I'm a bit late to the game, but I visited the Wikipedia article. Or what used to be; It's been deleted. (Twice)

I noticed that it was deleted twice by the same guy who happens to have lived in England, New Zealand, and Australia. Go figure :dunno:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008

I have heard that legislation and president spoken about with great frustration, and some anger by people in the tea party. Not all, but there is no "all" with the tea party gatherings.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

I thought teabaggers where in gay rights parades?

I'm not surprised it was the lefty press that came up with that little gem, guess it hits home with them.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom