• ...and so much more!
  • sentinelrepublic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Noblesville
    Indiana Militia Corps

Has anyone ever been in contact with the indiana militia corps? I've met the guy who runs the militia and talked with him a few times about joining....I'm curious if any one else has been in contact with them and what their thoughts are on the organization....

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I was at Atterbury Saturday, and when I pulled up, I saw guys in unifrom. At first I could not tell what orginization they where with, but they did not look Military. One was wearing ACU's, and the others where wearing Tiger stripe BDU's. They all had jungle boots on, and a couple had chest rigs. Just from their conversation, the way they where mall Ninja'd out, and their lack of shooting skill, I'll pass.

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    Has anyone ever been in contact with the indiana militia corps? I've met the guy who runs the militia and talked with him a few times about joining....I'm curious if any one else has been in contact with them and what their thoughts are on the organization....

This thread had been dead for over a year and you resurrect it just to hijack it? There's a little button at the top of the page that says, "New Thread". You might try that next time.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This thread had been dead for over a year and you resurrect it just to hijack it? There's a little button at the top of the page that says, "New Thread". You might try that next time.

No, he started a new thread which got merged with an old one. Cut the guy some slack.

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    No, he started a new thread which got merged with an old one. Cut the guy some slack.

My bad. I didn't see anything showing a thread merge. Seems odd to merge it with a thread that has been dead for a year. I read through 12 pages of 1+ yr old posts to find out what the "current" topic was. If a link to the dead thread had been posted into his original thread it would have been easier to follow, and kept it from looking like he was resurrecting zombies. Meh, what do I know. :dunno: Might as well lump all of the "What mod should I get for my 10/22 or AR-15?" into two threads.

My apologies to sentinelrepublic. Carry on! :ingo:

sentinelrepublic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Noblesville
    Alright, well, I've met the "general" of the indiana militia corps and the guy is a character! Definately not a leader of men....had a huge lack of confidence and organizational skills. After about 30 min of listening to him talk, he asked if I'd be interested in a "leadership role"......
    He disclosed how many men were in the militia, I'd tell but I'd feel really bad doing it. It seems like the guy perferrs to sit on his butt and work on his website instead of recruiting and public relations. I think the guy is a paranoid with a website to "fight the power" from home.....
    I wish he'd stop calling himself the "Indiana Militia Corps", he's making a bad name minutemen. Even though he has some good information on his website, I think he's doing a huge injustice to the remaining guys in his organization....He should relinquish the name "Indiana militia corps" to somone more serious and organized.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Alright, well, I've met the "general" of the indiana militia corps and the guy is a character!
    I've never met any member of any militia who wasn't a O-level of some sort, usually at least a major. There are no privates or noncoms in militias. That should tell you everything you need to know.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Alright, well, I've met the "general" of the indiana militia corps and the guy is a character! Definately not a leader of men....had a huge lack of confidence and organizational skills. After about 30 min of listening to him talk, he asked if I'd be interested in a "leadership role"......
    He disclosed how many men were in the militia, I'd tell but I'd feel really bad doing it. It seems like the guy perferrs to sit on his butt and work on his website instead of recruiting and public relations. I think the guy is a paranoid with a website to "fight the power" from home.....
    I wish he'd stop calling himself the "Indiana Militia Corps", he's making a bad name minutemen. Even though he has some good information on his website, I think he's doing a huge injustice to the remaining guys in his organization....He should relinquish the name "Indiana militia corps" to somone more serious and organized.

You talking abouut Major General William Flatt? William A. Flatt: American Patriot, Citizen-Soldier

sentinelrepublic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Noblesville
    He did go to Marine Corps boot camp for a couple of weeks before they canned him. :dunno:

Best to stay away. Could you imagine having to salute that guy or take orders.
    Wow, I didn't know that about him. You seem to be aware of this guys history, is it research or do you know him somehow?
    Yeah, fortunately, I never signed the oath he gave me to sign and never got back with me . LOL!

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I just read that link that was provided about Flatt. I try very hard not to be judgmental of folks I don't know, but I'll just say that the bio read like a train wreck. A lot of little discrepancies and oddities.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Wow, I didn't know that about him. You seem to be aware of this guys history, is it research or do you know him somehow?
    Yeah, fortunately, I never signed the oath he gave me to sign and never got back with me . LOL!

I know nothing more than what is on his web page.:dunno:

I have seen him out twice but did not speak to him.

sentinelrepublic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Noblesville
    I just read that link that was provided about Flatt. I try very hard not to be judgmental of folks I don't know, but I'll just say that the bio read like a train wreck. A lot of little discrepancies and oddities.

yeah, mostly I feel bad for the guys in the group who wanted to train to become better minutemen. Unfortunately, listening to this guys conspiracey rants are part of their training! However, any sentioned guy still hangin out with this guy only have themselves to blame!

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    Unfortunately, I was/am a "plankowner" of that "train wreck".
    Wasted over a year listening to his rants while trying to build it up.
    Then he would chase them away with his conspiracies.

I am staying out such groups until I see someone serious and capable enough to run one. mebbe not even then.

Top Bottom