• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    The people I have known who admitted to being in militias, and I will admit that it is very few, all seemed to be more interested in holding some sort of rank in a private army than in trying to be an auxiliary force for the government. I always caught a really bad vibe off of them and shied away. Admittedly, I may have been exposed to a poor sample and maybe there are some good people out there that are members of militias, I just haven't met them yet.

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    Not sure if you know what you are asking , or if others do not understand your question.
    I'm thinking you are refering to the Indiana state guard

Indiana Guard Reserve

I'm too old for it now and learned of it's existance too late.
    My aunt was very involved in the South Carolina state guard and it was a very rewarding experience.
    Which is very much like Indiana's program

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Yeah, I think I remember something about a recent President signing a law that allowed the government to spy on its own citizens without any wiretap warrants. Funny thing, though... I'm pretty sure he wasn't liberal! :D

That wasn't the definition of liberal I had in mind.

from dictionary.reference.com:

11. not strict or rigorous; free; not literal: a liberal interpretation of a rule.

For one example, try this: Napolitano Defends Putting Pro-Life Advocates in Terrorism Report, Backlash Starts

And, by the way, yes, he was. The problem is too many people were blinded by the big R by his name.

buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    If I own a ROLEX or TAG HEUR am in a militia. Would that be considered top brass. Would I be higher on the watch list than say someone who will admit to owning a Micky Mouse Timex.
    And what list would I be on if I owned a pocket watch...the underground.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I have a general question and would like some input from you folks. I trust your opions as Gun Owners who are Law Abiding citizens.

Question: What is your opinon of the Indiana Militia?

Bad idea. There was someone from one of the Militia groups recruiting members and it pretty much fell apart when he admitted that his group would use force to take provisions from the unarmed populace. The problem with these types of groups is that it becomes a cult of personality. To whom or what do you take an oath to? Met a few and they are just keyboard/gun range commandos.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    If I own a ROLEX or TAG HEUR am in a militia. Would that be considered top brass. Would I be higher on the watch list than say someone who will admit to owning a Micky Mouse Timex.
    And what list would I be on if I owned a pocket watch...the underground.

Being Swiss-made, a Rolex or Tag Heuer could indicate an independent and armed individual with some gold and a possible affinity for chocolate...anybody on this board :dunno:

I think admission to a Mickey Mouse Timex could indicate a desire to be in (or possibly active participation in) government service of some kind ;)

:ingo:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Yeah, I think I remember something about a recent President signing a law that allowed the government to spy on its own citizens without any wiretap warrants. Funny thing, though... I'm pretty sure he wasn't liberal! :D

Uh, yeah..he was more liberal than you may think a Republican could be.;)
    He was certainly eager to sign in that stimulus package and take away more of our freedoms with that fascist "Patriot act":noway:

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT
    Just another type of MSG/MAG more or less . Alot of people spend big money on testicle training courses 500.00-600.00 . Some people just join groups that are full of State Police , FBI, and ATF agents to get their training ! just stick with your neighbors and friends thats the best BET

buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    Being Swiss-made, a Rolex or Tag Heuer could indicate an independent and armed individual with some gold and a possible affinity for chocolate...anybody on this board :dunno:

I think admission to a Mickey Mouse Timex could indicate a desire to be in (or possibly active participation in) government service of some kind ;)

:ingo:
    Ok, it's really a fake Rolex, a ruse to infiltrate the watch list. I do like white chocolot and sometimes view Judy Garland movies..there I said it!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Does the Indiana Militia issue tin foil helmets?

Nah, just hats:

4102853131_6357be5026.jpg

Too small a budget.

:):

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I'm pretty damn sure there are lots of people who post here on that list.

Dropped off a Form 3 for a Suppressor to my Chief of Police today and got fingerprinted. Then I will send it all off to the FBI.

I am on a list, no ifs ands or buts.

Post here? Yeah. LTCH? Yeah. FFL C&R? Yeah.

Those are all lists. Today they are not being used in a wrong way, maybe some day they will. Until that day I plan to live and shoot in the sunshine of the day and not hide in my dark ammo fort.

Those lists will only be misused when the atmosphere for their misuse has been created. You wanna keep that from happening? Get everyone you know on the lists. Go to NFA day and do an NFA item. Get everyone on your street up and running with an LTCH. Collect like mad and show off your collection to others and help them get started too.

The militia only worked in 1775 because the people were the militia and the mass of people were on board with it. No people, no support, no militia.

People want desert when no meal has been made.

And, frankly, there is no need for any of it anyways. Get politically involved, live your lives, go - do - spread. So many want to play militia I suspect because it is far more fun than writing letters to your representatives.

:patriot:

Top Bottom