Indiana Is Dead Last And Apparently Proud Of It...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Shoulda guessed you were a Buckeye.....me too! Spent my early juvenile delinquency in Northern Ohio before heading to VA.
    Now I'm a committed Hoosier, and happy about it!
    Happy New Year!
    Dayton, Kettering, Clayton. Graduated from Fairmont West. Joined the USAF in 1979 and left home. Moved to Indiana in 1985. Dad and Grandparents are buried in Clayton.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I have a couple of family members laid out with fever from covid right now, too. All vaxxed like good little boys and girls. I'm laid up sick this week, too, from another seasonal illness that has nothing to do with covid. Tis the season... :rolleyes:

I don't really buy the "omicron" distinction any more than I bought the "delta" distinction, but it certainly does seem as though this virus is at the point where vaccine efficacy has deteriorated to zero, transmissibility has gone so high, and overall danger has gotten so low that it's as inevitable as the common cold or flu. It's not worth sweating anymore, take your Vitamin D and live your life.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I have a couple of family members laid out with fever from covid right now, too. All vaxxed like good little boys and girls. I'm laid up sick this week, too, from another seasonal illness that has nothing to do with covid. Tis the season... :rolleyes:

I don't really buy the "omicron" distinction any more than I bought the "delta" distinction, but it certainly does seem as though this virus is at the point where vaccine efficacy has deteriorated to zero, transmissibility has gone so high, and overall danger has gotten so low that it's as inevitable as the common cold or flu. It's not worth sweating anymore, take your Vitamin D and live your life.
    Disagree about the variant differences, but agree 100% with your last sentence. It's pretty much what the South African .gov is telling its people. Compared to delta, omicron multiplies dozens of times faster in the bronchi (upper respiratory system) but dozens of times slower in the alveoli ( deep within the lungs), thus making it way more contagious but way less lethal. Cases are skyrocketing, but not hospitalizations nor deaths. Omicron (or a mutation very much like it) was predicted months ago by virologists, and I see it as the light at the end of the tunnel. However, SARS-CoV-2 will have transitioned from a pandemic to endemic long before the media and other covid enthusiasts will accept it. I don't have permission to use "follow the $$$$$", so, as a marketing director I know once said, "clicks and eyeballs".

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

This is pretty much where I’m at with this. The vax was never going to prevent anyone from getting COVID or stop the transmission. (I don’t care what Rachel Madcow has to say)

The best they could hope for is that it would lessen the severity but I to think the latest strain is less virulent anyway.

At this point I think most of us will eventually get it so it’s fruitless to drive oneself crazy with fear over it like the government would have us do so they can control us with their mandates.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I've been watching Dr. Campbell's (almost) daily covid updates for a long time, and I encourage everyone who is looking for plain English explanations about the science surrounding covid, without hype or agenda, to do so. His talks are excellent; his lists of sources are priceless.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    The only time I wear a mask now is when taking Uber. That’s only if the driver gives a ****, and most of them don’t anymore.
    I almost wonder why I didn't even before this, but I wear the mask religiously when going to cvs or Walgreens!

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I haven't received the vaccine yet because I don't know the long term potential harm. I am not an antivaxer. I just received my flu vaccine several monthes ago along with a pneumonia vaccine. Those have been out for decades and are well known. ANYTHING to do with COVID-19 is less than a year olde. Most vaccines take 10 - 15 years to be approved for a variety of reasons, one of them being looking at long term risks.

I WANT to get a vaccine for COVID-19! I just refuse to - yet - because of ignorance regarding the potential long term risks. Especially considering the use of brand new RNA methods used by Phizer and Moderna. If I were pushed to get anything I would consider the J&J vaccine. At least it uses tried and true technology which will reduce risks.

I work in a hospital setting now. I transport people who are being discharged and are needing a wheelchair. I have been to every floor of the hospital. I always wear a mask. I don't complain about it or gripe. I don't think it helps but it's their house so their rules. I don't berate people for wearing a mask. I think that's dumb. If they want to do something totally ineffective but harmless to me I'm good with it.

I am not very religious. However, I don't berate anyone for praying for something. If they think it will help - great! I hope it does. I hope I'm wrong. I'm just not good with faith.

Belief in the effectiveness of a mask and of asking the man in the sky for help are somewhat the same. I'd love to see more definitive science that could at least prove that masks really do help, but that isn't out there. As posted above there are many studies that show it just isn't that definitive.

I am not happy about us being at the bottom of the list. I am not proud of it. But neither am I convinced that if we did things another way we'd be better. Look at Europe. They locked down longer and harder than us and still had massive waves of infection. What they did didn't work either. New Zealand was effective but that isn't a fair comparison. They are an isolated island and most of the rest of the world is continents.

By the way, I've hauled several COVID positive patients and haven't felt bad yet. Maybe I'll fall over dead someday soon and those who are convinced I was wrong will be able to say, "We told you so."

But for today I say to death, "Not today!":starwars:

Regards and Happy New Year,

Doug

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I don't berate people for wearing a mask.
    I try not to, I really do. I’m starting to get to the point, though, that I’m viewing mask wearers as “one of those”. I’m not talking about people wearing a mask at work, or in a doctors office, or any other place where it’s forced on us, I’m talking about the ones walking down the street masked, the ones who have bought hook, line, and sinker, into the massive fear mongering. And oh my god, don’t even get me started on the ****ing idiots driving in their car, by themselves, with a mask!

I’m getting to the point where I just have no use for the terrified little sheep, I’m sick of them, I’m sick of their overlords, I’m just done with it.

I’m not antivax, I got the JandJ shot early this year, but enough is enough.

Top Bottom