• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So the framers the founders and the people of this country for the last 200+ years of all just been a bunch of constitution violating pigs, right? And we needed this enlightened judge to show is how we were all wrong, right? Including the current electorate of the state of Indiana, right?

I'd wager you spent most of your life voting for people who believe in the current definition of marriage including up and up through the last couple years. If they are constitution violators, what does that make you?

Did the framers and founders get slavery right? Should a slave have to wait til a sufficient population disagrees with slavery and in turn elect a legislature who agrees and write new legislation to overturn it?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    No, I believe it was based on a desire to socially engineer a law that he didn't like that the legislature had passed. That is not what a judge it is supposed to do.

He is to pass judgement, not make law.

I'll have to read this decision at some point so feel free to point me to the evidence that supports this theory. I'll stand with you if this turns out to be the case.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    Just out of curiosity, what would the reaction be to a judge that ruled the Second Amendment did not protect an INDIVIDUAL right to keep and bear arms?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yet another example of the right making industry in action, wants become needs become rights.

It is mindboggling to me to base this on the 14th Amendment. In no way could the Framers, whose focus was on extending the Bill of Rights to the freedmen, ever conceive of gay marriage.

So much for the 10th Amendment. Off to the Supreme Court it goes.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    Did the judge get abortion right? Should a child have to wait til a sufficient population disagrees with abortion and in turn elect a legislature who agrees and write new legislation to overturn it?

:dunno:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Yet another example of the right making industry in action, wants become needs become rights.

It is mindboggling to me to base this on the 14th Amendment. In no way could the Framers, whose focus was on extending the Bill of Rights to the freedmen, ever conceive of gay marriage.

Does that mean it could NEVER be? Does that mean they would have been against it? The Framers could not have foreseen many things that are now relevant to our lives now. It is a careful line to walk...but walk it we must.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome

Could the founders imagine firearms capable of delivering hundreds of rounds a minute?

(Many would argue, and from a strong position, that the 14th was not properly ratified and/or should be repealed.)

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Did the judge abortion right? Should a child have to wait til a sufficient population disagrees with abortion and in turn elect a legislature who agrees and write new legislation to overturn it?

:dunno:
    It was the exact opposite. The electorate of every state in the country had outlawed abortion prior to the lawyers deciding that they knew better than the people in Roe. That is why legislation on abortion is now useless; we gave that power away to the judges and they ain't giving it back.

"We the people" really need to stop pissing away the power to govern ourselves.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Hmm..apparently, Jefferson could see a time when things might change and society might grow up.

"I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions, but laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors."

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland

​Um...I think gays count as freedmen...women too.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Could the founders imagine firearms capable of delivering hundreds of rounds a minute?

Umm, yes, the Henry rifle, the Gatling gun, etc. were were used in the Civil War. The Framers were well aware of them.

Many would argue, and from a strong position, that the 14th was not properly ratified and/or should be repealed.

What law review is this? I am unfamiliar with any court decision or law review article that makes this argument.

Do you have a cite?

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    It was the exact opposite. The electorate of every state in the country had outlawed abortion prior to the lawyers deciding that they knew better than the people in Roe. That is why legislation on abortion is now useless; we gave that power away to the judges and they ain't giving it back.

"We the people" really need to stop pissing away the power to govern ourselves.

I know.

I'm not much the fan of the overreaching central government.

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    I just don't like the idea of having to rent my house to homosexuals so that I won't be sued. I personally think it is bad for the neighborhood. Oh and before anyone FREAKS OUT I just want to let you know, I was raised by a Homosexual Father and I guarantee you the whole line about that type of household being just as loving and wholesome as others is BS. Being molested by your Dads "Friends" and coming home to Catch him locked up with another man like a couple of dogs kinda sticks with you. I don't support anything that legitimizes the behavior. IMO, allowing marriage legitimizes the behavior.

Top Bottom