• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY, my fellow INGO Brothers & Sisters, and also those who dont like me :):

What does July 4th Mean to you? JULY 4, 1776

To me, its a day (weekend) of GREAT CELEBRATION!!! I love my country with my heart, mind, & soul. AMERICA IS the GREATEST NATION ON EARTH, NO QUESTIONS ABOUT IT!!! I like to watch movies about our Nations Birth, and spend time with my wonderful family, call up Military Buddies I served with!!! Cookouts, fireworks, history, FREEDOM!!!! Its the best.

Also I am reminded I must never forget the sacrifices of the Living & the Departed, who preserved these hard fought for freedoms for us. FREEDOM IS'NT FREE!! I Like to pop into a couple places and thank my fellow Veterans for their service on this weekend too, also our Brave Men and Women of the Armed Forces. And lets not forget our Brave FIRST RESPONDERS (POLICE, FIRE, EMS, etc). And GOOD OLE AMERICAN CITIZENS!!!!

I hope Independence Day means more than just a date on a calendar, or an extra couple days off from work. REMEMBER what made it possible for you to even own a calendar or go to work where you want.

BE SAFE THIS WEEKEND!!! Think of others too! :patriot:

Last edited:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    :yesway::patriot: :yesway::patriot: :yesway::patriot: :yesway::patriot: :yesway::patriot: :yesway::patriot: :yesway::patriot: :yesway::patriot: :yesway::patriot:

Just happen to be watching a show about George Washington and the Revolution right now! I'd like to throw in a quote from an unlikely source that I just learned about yesterday in another thread.

"Freedom is everybody's job."

Red Skelton

Those have to be four of the most powerful words I ever heard.

:yesway::patriot: :yesway::patriot: :yesway::patriot: :yesway::patriot: :yesway::patriot: :yesway::patriot: :yesway::patriot: :yesway::patriot: :yesway::patriot:

:yesway::ingo:

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    O! say can you see by the dawn's early light,
    What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming,
    Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
    O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?
    And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
    Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there;
    O! say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep,
    Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
    What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
    As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
    Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
    In full glory reflected now shines in the stream:
    'Tis the star-spangled banner, O! long may it wave
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
    That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
    A home and a country should leave us no more!
    Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
    No refuge could save the hireling and slave
    From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
    And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

O! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
    Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
    Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
    Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
    Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
    And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
    And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Last edited:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Here's another idea...wouldn't be a good thing to start politely reminding people that it's called "Independence Day" and not "The 4th of July"? Calling it "The 4th of July" causes it to lose some of its meaning IMHO.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    This holiday is the most important one for me. This should be a day of reflection on how we came to be as a country and people, and what we have to do to maintain it.

The two pictures that make my skin crawl and my blood boil are those showing the twin towers falling and Pearl Harbor burning.

The two pictures that are extremely memorable are the flag planting on Mt. Surabachi by the Marines and Arlington Cemetery. If not for people like these where would we be as a country?

History is replete with unnamed individuals who have given everything for this country and may never be remembered as specific persons. Others are more well know. All fought the same whether on the hills of Gettysburg, the jungles of Viet Nam, on the shores of Tripoli, or in the air or under the water. Some fought with muskets and swords, some use IR scopes.

Many have suffered for the opportunity to say we are FREE. Now we have to be worthy of those who have sacrificed before us.

american-flag.jpg

Above all else remember: July 4th is a celebration of those who have done their part to help make the USA free and those that maintain our ability to live as we want.

We are all responsible for defending freedom.

That's my answer and I'm sticking to it.

PS. Who doesn't like you E5Ranger?:dunno::):

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    The ending of the Beech Grove fireworks last night was the best in years!!

Also a touching moment was during the National Anthem when people around me (though not even able to hear the music well) burst into spontanious singing. It was a goose bump moment!! I LOVE THIS COUNTRY!

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    In a single word: Liberty.

The next would be secession.

Today is about breaking the chains of an oppressive government.

Today is NOT about government employees. Police didn't exist for many decades after our founding. Not a single member of the military alive today had anything to do with what happened in 1776... for those who have forgotten, Memorial Day and Veterans Day are also important days for remembering their current/former sacrifices.

Today is about one thing. A People, throwing off the chains of tyranny and declaring that THEY are their own masters.

I also agree that calling it "Fourth of July" completely destroys it's meaning.

Today is Independence Day. INDEPENDENCE.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    The ending of the Beech Grove fireworks last night was the best in years!!

Also a touching moment was during the National Anthem when people around me (though not even able to hear the music well) burst into spontanious singing. It was a goose bump moment!! I LOVE THIS COUNTRY!

I love those goose-bump moments. I had a similar one Friday night during the Q-mix fireworks in Columbus. My 3 year old daughter stood up on her own, and put both hands on her heart and tried her hardest to sing along with everone else during the singing of the National Anthem. Right after that I think I got something in my eye.. ;)

Here's to the first 234 years and many many more years to come of this great nation. :patriot:

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    234 years ago 56 men put their fortunes, lives, and sacred honor up for one cause that cause being freedom. To me this day is not about cookouts fireworks and beer. I honor this day to those men. The forgotten hero's both men and women that fought for the cause of liberty. Its will be with me until the day I day, and every year while I am enjoying the perks of freedom I will be sure to raise my glass in a toast to those people that stood up against tens of thousands of troops in the cause, and I righteous cause it was! I can say the experiment has lasted longer than our founders ever imagined and shall it carry on for centuries to come!

Let freedom ring and may we be reminded that it is a constant battle to remain free!

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Happy Independance Day to all. Yesterday got to have a cookout with my family. Had an absolutely fantastic day. Great to get the family together and my parents who are approaching 80yrs old now still being able to come out and enjoy. Without our freedom that would not be possible.
    Thank you so much to my father who served for all those years and to all past, present, and future who served. God Bless . Have a great and safe weekend.:patriot:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    In a single word: Liberty.

The next would be secession.

Today is about breaking the chains of an oppressive government.

Today is NOT about government employees. Police didn't exist for many decades after our founding. Not a single member of the military alive today had anything to do with what happened in 1776... for those who have forgotten, Memorial Day and Veterans Day are also important days for remembering their current/former sacrifices.

Today is about one thing. A People, throwing off the chains of tyranny and declaring that THEY are their own masters.

I also agree that calling it "Fourth of July" completely destroys it's meaning.

Today is Independence Day. INDEPENDENCE.

:+1:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Prometheus. I will disagree with your above quoted statement.

Veterans should be recognized EVERYDAY, in the way we enjoy our freedoms. the calendar may say they only get a couple days, but in truth everyday is theirs because NO DAY would be possible without their sacrifice.

Yes Independence Day is a celebration of our kicking the Oppressive and tyrantical British asses, and I dont forget that. nor should ANY oppressive government forget that it CAN and WILL be done again if neccessary to preserve Freedom. I dont argue with you on that point.

also the fact that there were'nt (maybe) any police back then doesnt make their sacrifice to preserve freedom within our borders TODAY or for the last hundred or more years, any less signifigant in my opinion. your entitled to your opinion too, just like we are all. thats another reason to celebrate today!! LONG LIVE AMERICA!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Prometheus. I will disagree with your above quoted statement.

Veterans should be recognized EVERYDAY, in the way we enjoy our freedoms. the calendar may say they only get a couple days, but in truth everyday is theirs because NO DAY would be possible without their sacrifice.

Yes Independence Day is a celebration of our kicking the Oppressive and tyrannical British asses, and I don't forget that. nor should ANY oppressive government forget that it CAN and WILL be done again if necessary to preserve Freedom. I don't argue with you on that point.

also the fact that there weren't (maybe) any police back then doesn't make their sacrifice to preserve freedom within our borders TODAY or for the last hundred or more years, any less significant in my opinion. your entitled to your opinion too, just like we are all. thats another reason to celebrate today!! LONG LIVE AMERICA!

I have to agree. I realize the sacrifices of those brave Men and Women, who fought for our Independence against tyranny and oppression from Britian. To this day many have stood ready to stand against anyone who threatens our way of life. Military personel, Federal and State LEO's, and Patriots. If not for them then we would not be able to enjoy what we hold dear. Rather on a large or small scale, they all did or are doing their duty.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    Before policeman you could tar & feather the offending citizen yourself. Now, you can't even get caught packing feathers without an attorney on retainer.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    :patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

Thank you E5Ranger.

Everyone remember the folks who arent able to be here.

Remember that America is in a War, not only from afar way lands, but here at Home.

Remember what is was that our Founders stood for, our Constitution and the sacrifices that have been made.

Happy 4th INGO AND AMERICA!:patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    :patriot:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whmVGRSgAe8]YouTube - Ragged Old Flag[/ame]

To me, it's about those who fought and died for our freedom. Not just those on the battlefields either. People like Franklin who went overseas to negotiate. Those who helped support the war. Those that did the politics of it all. Everyone back then who made this Country possible.

It also stands for those who are doing it again today. Today, instead of fighting against a tyrant 3000 miles away, we are fighting 3000 tyrants 1 mile away. I just pray we can take our Country back without those fireworks becoming the real thing.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    :patriot:

YouTube - Ragged Old Flag

To me, it's about those who fought and died for our freedom. Not just those on the battlefields either. People like Franklin who went overseas to negotiate. Those who helped support the war. Those that did the politics of it all. Everyone back then who made this Country possible.

It also stands for those who are doing it again today. Today, instead of fighting against a tyrant 3000 miles away, we are fighting 3000 tyrants 1 mile away. I just pray we can take our Country back without those fireworks becoming the real thing.

AMEN BROTHER!!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom