• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gundogblue

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2017
    Wabash
    I've only been in Indiana a year and a half so I don't know any good smiths, and am in need of one. When my dad passed in 2000 I got one of his 3rd gen Colt SAA's in .45 Colt, the gun was purchased new in 1980 and was never fired until a few weeks ago. I originally was'nt going to shoot it but I figured my dad would want me to enjoy it rather than it being a safe queen. I made 100 .45 Colt cowboy loads useing 7.5 grns of Unique, and 255 grn Hornaday cowboy bullets. At the range the gun was shooting way to the left at both 15 and 25 yrds. When I got home I looked the gun over pretty good and noticed the front sight is very slightly bent to the right, which would make it shoot to the left, the gun was never dropped, if it were there would be an impact mark on the front sight and there isn't. I know in the 80's Colt had a lot of labor problems, and quality control was spotty. So I would greatly appriciate it if some of you guys could steer me to a good smith, he doesn't have to be a world renowned pistol smith, but I don't want to take the gun to just anybody I see on the net. I live in Wabash in between Kokamo, and Ft Wayne, and I'll travel if I have to, I just want a good smith who can get the front sight right.
    Thanks Much,
    Paul

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Sand Burr in Rochester. Might want to call them first. They are world renowned of S&W wheel guns but he might work on a Colt. I think he is still doing gunsmithing after the burglary. It would be a little closer to you than Indy.
    Give them a call.
    Sand Burr Gun Ranch

Top Bottom