• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow Goose

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2015
    South
    This was my last season to duck hunt in AR and what a terrible season to go out on. The duck season down there was terrible except the last weekend when I was not there (of course). It adds more of a sting to it all paying that much money and ending up empty handed. So I am going to give it ago here, but don't know of any good areas for this coming season. Any of you INGO duck hunters have advice? I don't have a dog to fetch'em up, so I am not crazy doing the boat thing. Any advice would be appreciated.:yesway:

mistersmith

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    NWI
    It has been years since I have duck hunted in Indiana. I know several guys who hunt ducks, and most have private land. Its is just like deer hunting, fishing, etc, private land helps ensure a successful hunt. I wish you the best in finding nice hunting area.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I have been hunting ducks for the past 15 years all in NW Ohio. Hunting is nothing what it used to be there. We would be happy to kill 20 birds a year hunting everyday now. 15 years ago we would shoot 80 hunting weekends only. Hopefully Indiana hunting will be better for you than Ohio was for me. I too am in the same position of no hunting land here, so I guess I will travel to Ohio to hunt.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I'll proly hit Miss Res this yr for reg season.
    Early I'll try to hunt my old private ground spot, or near it.
    My cuz has a cabin in Wis, hunts a lake by it (near UP border, halfway along it).
    They get a few, one yr all mergansers..........last yr some greenheads.
    They do a family thing (wife's side) and that's super cool.

But the numbers aren't there for me to burn my deer vac time for the spotty duck hunting.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Private land. I hunt public and it is awful. 1 duck last season, 1 the year before. I hunt the Kankakee marsh. No food for the ducks there, they don't stick around. Not worth going to Kankakee FWA IMO because its stupid to wake up early, drive out there, and end up going back to bed because you never draw.

If you have private go for it, otherwise don't spend too much money on gear.

Top Bottom