• ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Sounds like cbhausen will be on the W. 56th St. and I-465 overpass with a Gadsden flag and a Tavor today, 6/28/2015 around noon, if anyone cares to join in. This event may be repeated in the future (if he stays out of jail LOL).

wabash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    SouthWest Indiana
    I had to do a search to know what a Tavor is. (bullpup rifle)

let's see now........ armed man on an overpass? don't you think that will look like trouble?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Sounds like cbhausen will be on the W. 56th St. and I-465 overpass with a Gadsden flag and a Tavor today, 6/28/2015 around noon, if anyone cares to join in. This event may be repeated in the future (if he stays out of jail LOL).

What is the reason for the rally? I wish it weren't so, but I think it will be a pretty short length of time before the first call to 911 is placed by someone driving by.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    We were out there for over 3 hours. About 8 of us showed up (6 flags waving). Others in the group convinced cbhausen to leave the Tavor in the case. Overpasses for America's state leader showed up. We'll do more of this. Motorists' reactions were very gratifying. It was a very positive experience all around and can only get better.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    We were out there for over 3 hours. About 8 of us showed up (6 flags waving). Others in the group convinced cbhausen to leave the Tavor in the case. Overpasses for America's state leader showed up. We'll do more of this. Motorists' reactions were very gratifying. It was a very positive experience all around and can only get better.

Yes. Good job. Remember what Kirk says about carrying AT someone?

You are in Indiana. No reason for a Tavor, AR, AK, etc. just OC your pistol and have a fun protest.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

Glad to see the gun stayed in the case. We as gun owners are thought of, and portrayed as crazy nuts with guns in the media anyway. I know it's our right, blah blah blah. I'd rather not give the anti's any more fodder. I'd rather be silent but deadly then in your face and scary.

Glad to here the event went well and was supported!

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    The point was to go wave a few varieties of USA flags, including a couple Gadsdens, and hang out and chat with others who took the trouble to do the same. Some of us might be concerned or even angry about current events or the direction of the country, but we're civil about it. People came to talk to us; we discussed a wide variety of topics.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The point was to go wave a few varieties of USA flags, including a couple Gadsdens, and hang out and chat with others who took the trouble to do the same. Some of us might be concerned or even angry about current events or the direction of the country, but we're civil about it. People came to talk to us; we discussed a wide variety of topics.
    Sounds like an exercise in peaceful assembly. Carry on. :patriot:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

Being civil sure beats the hell out of how some certain community's have handle things as of late. I wish I were closer. I'd love to have attended in support. :yesway:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Thanks for letting people know that people still care about their country.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Why would he leave the rifle in the truck? What did the others have against firearms?

Sounds like a mixed up message...

He OC'd his handgun, as usual.

This is my opinion only, not Cary's...If this thing grows (it certainly could), a precedent of carrying rifles may not be the most effective way to get and keep people rationally discussing topics which are important to the kind of person who waves flags on overpasses (or might join, or oppose, those who do). There are just better settings for rifle carry then atop an overpass, regardless what's legal or not.

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    He OD'd his handgun.

This is my opinion only, not Cary's...If this thing grows (it certainly could), a precedent of carrying rifles may not be the most effective way to get and keep people rationally discussing topics which are important to the kind of person who waves flags on overpasses (or might join, or oppose, those who do). There are just better settings for rifle carry then atop an overpass, regardless what's legal or not.

So true. I agree 100%. I think you will get more people to stand with you and behind your cause. As much as I agree with you guys I'd pass on the event the moment rifles came out.

Rifle's intimidate a lot of people. Nothing wrong with carrying a rifle. But I doubt it would have promoted the cause with the kind of outcome you want. Unless scaring the general public is your cause. Then I am not interested on your cause.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

Sounds super constructive.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom