• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    UPDATE: Letters shipped out to Bayh's office at about 8:30am this morning. If you missed the deadline for it, PLEASE feel free to print and send snail mail. Or email if you prefer. Regardless, let's keep the flow of letters going to him so he gets the point. Let's not stop here. THose who haven't wrote a letter please, please, please write one! Those who have, WRITE ANOTHER! :laugh:

No, seriously, thanks to all those that sent a letter! I really appreciate it and so does Ginger!

I REALLY need everyone's help!!!! I received this email tonight and it's very disheartening. I know it's short notice, but if you could please write a letter to Evan Bayh I would really appreciate it.

Here's part of the Email I received tonight:

While those who have the time and money, are headed to DC for a quick round trip tomorrow, Ginger has been left to hand deliver people's letters to Bayh's office. Until now, that wouldn't have been an issue, as there would normally have been an onslaught of paper.

She has 4 letters from "the group"(Tea Party). Four.

Ginger WILL be at Bayh's office and she WILL hand deliver all FOUR letters. And be humiliated. But she WILL do it because she gave her word that she would.

Hon, could you PLEASE write out something for her to print out and put in her underwhelming pile? You have such a way of putting out the facts, surely it wouldn't take you but a few minutes.

I guess for subject matter....go with the current nightmare of health care.
    Emphasis mine.

As you can see, this is pretty important.

If you could PLEASE write a letter and email it to her that would be GREAT! I'll give you free rep and buy you a beer sometime! :D

If you could write one and email Ginger @ gnwlsn@aol.com I would greatly appreciate it!

THANKS!

:patriot:

Last edited:

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    I REALLY need everyone's help!!!! I received this email tonight and it's very disheartening. I know it's short notice, but if you could please write a letter to Evan Bayh I would really appreciate it.

Here's part of the Email I received tonight:

Emphasis mine.

As you can see, this is pretty important.

If you could PLEASE write a letter and email it to her that would be GREAT! I'll give you free rep and buy you a beer sometime! :D

If you could write one and email Ginger @ gnwlsn@aol.com I would greatly appreciate it!

THANKS!

Savge please post a quick template for us to cut, PASTE AND PERSONALIZE.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    i wish i was a good writer.as you can see from my posts. im not well articulated or use proper punctuation.

Proper or not, A note is a note. I will, however, post a version of my own letter here in a few. As long as you change it for yourself and not make it like mine, that's all I ask.

Give me a few to come up with something. I'm pretty tired as I've been staring at parked cars all night so if I post something a little.... weird... I'm sorry. :):

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Here is my letter I sent to the wonderful woman who will be handing these to Bayh in person. Maybe I went a little far, but it is what it is. I hope you all can make use of it.

Mr. Bayh,

Hello! My name is Ryan Savage. I'm writing you because I'm very concerned with the current state of our Country, it's economy, and the general direction of our government. I'm VERY concerned about your stance on many issues, but today I'm writing about your stance on Health Care. It has come to my attention that you intend to vote for the health care bill that has been set forth in Congress and this is very disheartening to me.

Not only will this so-called "health care reform" bill not only break the backs of this nation, but it also endangers the very freedom and liberty my fellow American's and I so cherish. There are clauses in this bill which invade the privacy of the individual on many levels, not the least of which is the part that gives our government access to our medical records. Also in this bill are provisions for the government to access our bank accounts and 401k's. These are just some of the provisions I have personally read about in this bill and there are many more just like it.

This so-called health care reform will also ruin not only the national economy, but also the individual's finances as well. By making it mandatory for the individual to get insurance, such as one has to do with a vehicle, this will be something that many families just cannot afford. The taxes alone to pay for it will dramatically decrease everyone's income, not to mention those who already pay for private insurance will also be paying into this system as well. Eventually this will filter everyone into the system for which the government is planning to create.

If you cannot balance the budget when it comes to Medicare/caid, Social Security, Education, and even our own military, what makes you think you can efficiently run a bloated health care system of which we already have no means to pay for in the first place? Government has overstepped it's Constitutional boundaries for decades and it's time we put a stop to this madness. The people are taking back their Country Mr. Bayh and you will soon be out of a job. Maybe that doesn't mean anything to you or maybe you think that your job is secure. It is not. We are sick and tired of you and everyone else in Washington turning your backs on We The People and pandering to the special interests. We are tired of you spewing lie after lie after lie.

I don't think you would remember such an insignificant event, but about 16-17 years ago I met you once. You were at a meet and greet in the town of Princeton, IN. My Aunt and Uncle Lula and Lloyd were next door neighbors of the house you went to and I got to shake your hand. I was so young at the time and for the next 12 years I really looked up to you. I just KNEW you were a great man and a man that wouldn't forget the little people.

Well Mr. Bayh.... You HAVE forgotten the little people. You have voted time and again against those who have put you into office. You have signed and voted for and introduced legislation that is CLEARLY unConstitutional and it makes me sick. You have lost my respect sir. You have lost the respect of the hard working Hoosier because you clearly stand up for those who wish to sit of their couch and watch their government subsidized TV in their government subsidized home eating potato chips with money given to them by government subsidized hand outs. These people have no interest in working because you and the rest of Washington continue to vote to allow them to sit on their lazy butts and get hand outs paid for by people like me who actually work for a living.

I you wish to leave behind you a legacy in politics that reflects your hatred of the American Worker, vote yes for the Health Care Bill, the Cap and Trade Bill, and every new tax that comes your way. But.... If you wish to be known as the man that stood for Freedom and Justice and the Constitution AS IT IS WRITTEN, vote against these bills and become a vocal leader in turning Washington around.

If you can do that... If you can turn around and stand up against your party to stand for Freedom, you will have earned my respect and the respect of a grateful state. If you cannot do this, prepare to retire from politics and watch as the people spit at you when you pass.

Sincerely but angry,
    Ryan Savage

Yes I realize I made a couple mistakes here and there. Oh well. I got my point across and I SERIOUSLY doubt he'll personally read all the letters he gets.

JUST MAKE SURE YOU SEND ONE!!!!!

Thank you!

snojet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Carmel
    "SavageEagle",
    I just sent my letter to that Ms. Ginger. Hope others have/will do so. Thanks for your involvement in these matters.
    Regards

dman65

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    letter

2 page letter sent! Plagiarized, yes. But I didnt have time to come up with everything on my own :): Feel free to cut and maste... mix it up a bit and add your own twist

Dear Mr. Bayh,
    I don’t want the proposed health plan. It will bankrupt the country—as if you and the Obama Administration haven’t done that already with the stimulus bill. Whatever you do, don’t give us a government option, as that is only the beginning of nationalized/socialized healthcare system: keep it 100% private and stay out of the business.
    The following are suggestions for a potential solution.
    If you say there are supposedly big savings that come with a reform bill, then pass a savings bill first and prove the savings to us. If you believe huge savings are possible and you have done nothing about it to date, that is a travesty in itself. Prove the savings to us first. You see, we don’t trust Congress anymore. Why can’t you first fix Medicare and Medicaid to prove yourselves worthy of our trust again?
    You speak about the problems with pre-existing conditions, and I agree that is a travesty. But you don’t need to change everything to fix the pre-existing condition problem.
    Just pass a legislation that says:
    1. Pre-existing conditions are not an allowable factor in accepting or denying a patient into a plan;
    2. Require every insurance company that offers employer plans to offer plans to private patients with:
    · The same benefit options;
    · The average premium/month to be the same as the average charged to employers;
    · All coverage fully transferable with a change in employment; and,
    · No discrimination against pre-existing conditions.
    Why do we not hear a thing about healthcare litigation and the savings that could be achieved through tort reform? Again, pass restrictions on the relatively few litigators and plaintiffs, not patients. Such legislation has worked in several states. Cut down on the judgments ambulance chasers can get, and you’ll solve a big part of the problem. Here again, Congress, show that you can be trusted by the people, and are not owned by the lawyers’ lobby.
    Why is Congress risking the coverage of 70-80% of us to fix a targeted problem? It makes no sense to subject 80% of the people to change in order to fix a problem faced by 5% to at most 20% of the others. In fact, it is absolutely stupid. And we don’t trust the statement, “If you like your plan, you can keep it.” For how long, sir? That Obama line is a flat-out lie, and we all know it. A government-sponsored program would eventually undercut and destroy private care.
    Every single one of you congressmen and senators needs to be on the exact national plan that you proposal—with no exceptions. We know you won’t have the courage to do that because your current gold-plated coverage as a federal legislator is beyond what you can offer private citizens. In fact, if you are going to tax gold-plated plans, will you be taxed for yours? It’s far better than you offer to our military veterans through the VA, which at times borders on the disgraceful. Your hypocrisy is blatant. Not hard to imagine Nancy Pelosi saying, “Let them eat cake,” like a latter-day Marie Antoinette.
    Why do you mislead us with the statement that 40-45 million US citizens are uncovered? It is a bald-faced self-serving lie. The truth is that at least 15 million are illegal aliens, which is why President Obama modified his cited figure to 30 million uninsured. The issue of illegal aliens and illegal immigration IS a separate issue, and unfortunately has been used by many politicians to muddy up the waters on healthcare. Many of us believe they are wards of the Mexican government and thus the Mexican government should pay an annual stipend to the US for the drain these people place on our healthcare, education and other public services. But that is an issue for another day.
    So you can argue the number of US citizens without health insurance up or down at little, but let’s accept the 30 million figure and talk facts:
    1. Approximately 10-12 million are uninsured by choice. Most don’t want to pay even a modest share for employer-offered plans; in most cases, this is a choice and not a matter of inability to pay. Most of these people are young and healthy and simply don’t think they need coverage. In the health insurance industry, they are call “the invincibles.” Most have iPhones, iPods, and cable or satellite TV: they prioritized these purchases over healthcare coverage in their budgets. Just look at the studies that show the percentage of those in poverty who have cable or satellite TV. If poor people can afford cable TV, they can afford a simple health insurance policy with a high deductible that would cover catastrophic health issues. Do you congressmen and senators think that we the people should have to pay for those who don’t accept responsibility for their priorities?
    2. Another 8-10 million would qualify for Medicaid. Target a program to help get them enrolled, and use federal dollars to fund it so the states are not further pushed toward bankruptcy. Medicaid is grossly inefficient—if the federal government wants to prove its theories on healthcare, they can straighten out Medicaid—but at least its scope is relatively limited. Medicaid can only do so much damage to the federal budget and thus the economy.
    3. 5-10 million are transiently uninsured (maybe more in current economic conditions), while moving from one employer to another. This number is volatile, particularly in tough economic times, and thus subject to manipulation by politicians with an agenda. Solution? Extend COBRA, both in its potential duration and its application to companies with fewer than 25 employees who do not currently have COBRA access. Also, provide financial assistance to this targeted group, and eliminate post-enrollment waiting periods. Simple!
    4. At most, that leaves a few million chronically uninsured. The federal government can help enroll these folks in privately sponsored plans and subsidize with vouchers for the truly poor and working poor, and tax credits for the struggling lower end of the middle class. Just like a need-based college scholarship. What is so hard about that?
    5. Dramatically expand the maximum contributable amount for Health Savings Accounts. This is a benefit for the middle class and up, but it would encourage savings, and encourage people to cover their own health expenses. Over a lifetime, an individual and family could save money to partially care for the major expenses that hit near the end of life (organ transplants, cancer, heart attacks, etc).
    Using this common sense approach will be quick and easy, be met with great acceptance, and won’t cost a fraction of your proposed $1.5 trillion plan—or whatever the fictitious cost is on any given day as Congress tries to work out a deal. Why can’t you “smart” people figure this out?
    Darrin McDaniels

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Letters are on their way to Bayh's office and probably should be there now. Thanks everyone for you're help! It really means a lot!!!!

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I would of jumped in on this but was working last night and didn't have time to get on here before I left for work. Didn't know about it till you just linked it to me. Sorry.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom