• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • euby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    West Newton
    OP, my best to you. Replevin from IMPD is challenging. I usually send a copy to Corp. Counsel and they get a date.

I have had to file Show Causes before. It is maddening.

Oddly, best response, Indianapolis Airport Authority. Same day turn over and they even wiped my client's guns down for him.:D
    Replevin.... haven't heard that in years... lol

Not sure how that would help as I already have a court order. Its a matter of process at IMPD.

No one is denying that I own the guns. Maybe put a fire under their *** ???

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Not sure how that would help as I already have a court order. Its a matter of process at IMPD.

AsI am reading the responses from those who know it would be a fire with no Asses to be under.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Not sure what would help? Contact Corp. Counsel and start shaking the tree.

I have had to file Show Causes in Indy before. Never needed hearing as they would fork them over.

You have an order, you are many steps ahead of many poor buggers. It would be in your best interests to contact an attorney.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Not sure what would help? Contact Corp. Counsel and start shaking the tree.

I have had to file Show Causes in Indy before. Never needed hearing as they would fork them over.

You have an order, you are many steps ahead of many poor buggers. It would be in your best interests to contact an attorney.
    Yes, attorneys can help, but are not cheap. Why should anyone have to pay an attorney to get their own property back.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'll tell ya what. How about I take over after retiring from GM? I was once involved in the process as a citizen.

retyree98

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Brooklyn
    What worked for me a few years back when a small town in Georgia confiscated a pistol from my brother following an accident, after giving me a couple of months run around was a letter. I sent a copy of that letter to the ATF and to each town board member. I stated that after I had a legal release for my gun that it was being withheld from me. I wanted it to be listed as stolen and the town marshal as the known thief, noting he had admitted they had possession of it. I was being denied use of my property, knew where it was located, they possessed it without my permission, and I had followed the legal procedure to get it back. I'm sure the ATF had a great laugh about it but in two weeks the town released it to me.
    Good luck.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Strange that we see these IMPD property room threads every few years, but nothing ever gets done.

What needs to be done to get this fixed?

Why weren't these BLM protestors red flagged? Maybe they are better (louder) than us about exposing atrocities?

864f039d-2bce-4800-a032-a18e95eb2d72-BLM_guns.jpg

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Yes, attorneys can help, but are not cheap. Why should anyone have to pay an attorney to get their own property back.
    Sue for the return of your property plus attorney fees and court costs. When money starts coming out of their budget and into your wallet that will get their attention.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Strange that we see these IMPD property room threads every few years, but nothing ever gets done.

What needs to be done to get this fixed?

Why weren't these BLM protestors red flagged? Maybe they are better (louder) than us about exposing atrocities?

864f039d-2bce-4800-a032-a18e95eb2d72-BLM_guns.jpg
    This was not a red flag situation, it was a criminal investigation.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Using your gun to stop traffic is not a red flag situation?

Why were these guys not red flagged? Why were their firearms not confiscated?
    "Red Flag" is regarding mental illness. The guys in the picture were criminally investigated away from any media. I don't remember if warrants were issued or not on these guys. There were several similar investigations going on that the same time and the prosecutor refused to file on some.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    "Red Flag" is regarding mental illness. The guys in the picture were criminally investigated away from any media. I don't remember if warrants were issued or not on these guys. There were several similar investigations going on that the same time and the prosecutor refused to file on some.
    I'd argue if they are so adamant about supporting BLM, there are mental issues. LOL

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    More laws and more lawyers is the LAST thing we need...
    Yes, because IMPD really has their stuff together and INGO does not have a post a week whining about IMPD's property room.

Give us a statute that police which is Tort Claim and qualified immunity free to have a certain period of time to return property or it is triple damages and attorney fees. If we had such a platform, INGO whining would be eliminated.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Normally, I'd agree with you. But there is more to the story, a short books worth. Things changed after Jake Laird was killed. The old supervisor would have fit in quite well here, if she was at all technologically inclined.
    It is hard to post here with an IBM Selectric III

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Isn't a definition of mental illness being a threat to other's and themselves?

I think a judge should have made that call, the same as any other warrant for a red flag investigation.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Isn't a definition of mental illness being a threat to other's and themselves?

I think a judge should have made that call, the same as any other warrant for a red flag investigation.

You are correct, in that being a threat to themselves or others is ONE of the prongs that needs to be met. There are multiple other criteria that MUST be met to "red flag" someone.

Top Bottom