11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

MMRUSH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Cant say I am surprised. Sounds a little too conveinent to me. I think all thats involved should be brought up on contempt of court charges.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    My goodness. Its almost like some of them may be wanting to protect thier own. "Lets go make sure that evidence and take a picture of it to prove its not been tampered with." WTF?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    This whole case has been FUBAR'd from the get go. The only question that really needs answering at this point is whether or not it was deliberate. I'd really like to see a special prosecutor assigned to it and maybe a grand jury.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I have an idea, if Curry wants to complain about evidence handling why doesn't he demand to take over the entire process. He can hire folks to work in the property room, his prosecutors can be responsible for ferrying the evidence back and forth to court, he can pay to store it, he can be responsible for its disposition. I doubt you'd get much complaint from the police.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    This whole case has been FUBAR'd from the get go. The only question that really needs answering at this point is whether or not it was deliberate. I'd really like to see a special prosecutor assigned to it and maybe a grand jury.

Really? :rolleyes:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Yes, really. We already know that Bisard is responsible for killing someone. The blood alcohol situation is not likely to be allowed into evidence, (they assured that early on). What needs to be determined now is if the IMPD people are criminals or incompetent and make them suffer for whichever one it is.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I have an idea, if Curry wants to complain about evidence handling why doesn't he demand to take over the entire process. He can hire folks to work in the property room, his prosecutors can be responsible for ferrying the evidence back and forth to court, he can pay to store it, he can be responsible for its disposition. I doubt you'd get much complaint from the police.

Now that they've tampered with it and the defense has good reason to get the case dropped, I'm sure they'd be more than fine with having someone else hang onto it.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    When you "resign" instead of being "fired" do you get to keep all the sweet public sector benefits? Just wondering. It seems like no one in the public sector ever gets fired in cases like this.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

An even easier solution is to follow the rules. Don't take blood out of refrigeration for 5 months. The bio-hazard sticker should be a tip-off. Don't unseal evidence for a Vogue photo shoot. Pretty simple, really. :dunno:

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    .....The only question that really needs answering at this point is whether or not it was deliberate.....

....What needs to be determined now is if the IMPD people are criminals or incompetent and make them suffer for whichever one it is.

My point to your statement was a sarcastic "Of course it was deliberate." Thus my :rolleyes:.

Do you really think if this were just some guy off the street instead of one of their own, that this would have really happened? The LEOs that screwed this up should be held criminally accountable, every bit as much as if they would have framed him for the homicide.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    My question is how often does this happen? I find it nearly imposible to believe that this happens all the time. If it did/does, surely actions should have been taken to correct it. If it doesnt happen very often, this looks really, really bad.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis

I'm no Terry Curry fan, but Curry gets to complain about evidence handling because IMPD has buggered it up pretty well from the outset in this case. Like it or not, legally it is the job of the INVESTIGATIVE agency to collect/preserve evidence. There is a reason for that: if you give that job to the prosecutors, they then become witnesses and disqualified from prosecuting their cases.

If you don't want the responsibility of collecting/preserving evidence, then don't become a cop or evidence tech. It is really that simple.

Bisard has been a police cluster from day one. Curry and a whole bunch of other people have every right to complain about that. Once again, it is part of the police's job to collect/preserve evidence. When they don't do that, as they manifestly have not in this case, there is a problem and people should be complaining.

Joe

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I'm no Terry Curry fan, but Curry gets to complain about evidence handling because IMPD has buggered it up pretty well from the outset in this case. Like it or not, legally it is the job of the INVESTIGATIVE agency to collect/preserve evidence. There is a reason for that: if you give that job to the prosecutors, they then become witnesses and disqualified from prosecuting their cases.

If you don't want the responsibility of collecting/preserving evidence, then don't become a cop or evidence tech. It is really that simple.

Bisard has been a police cluster from day one. Curry and a whole bunch of other people have every right to complain about that. Once again, it is part of the police's job to collect/preserve evidence. When they don't do that, as they manifestly have not in this case, there is a problem and people should be complaining.

Joe

You've never heard of the thin blue line that cops cover for each other's screw ups and potential screw ups?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    You just kinda sound bitter now. I realize there have been many instances of LEO bashing here, some for good reason, some not, but, you're really not helping your side here. :twocents:

Top Bottom