• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    That sucks. I clicked through to her profile and now I feel bad for calling her a classist and racist. I think she's probably just hurt and kind of broken. I hope she gets through it ok.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    That wasn't the impression I got. To me, she seemed arrogant and had a huge sense of self-importance. After all, she feels that if Sarah Palin (apparently) got a threat, and Gifford got shot, among all of the IMPORTANT women in the world, she was surely next.

Only "important" people should have guns, in her view, and we simply aren't important. So, she has her LTCH and carries 24/7. If you feel differently about anything, she doesn't want you to even talk to her.

That's fine. I feel I would probably despise her within seconds if we had a conversation.

Oh I have no doubt she is arrogant. I am just saying that there seems to be an underlying reason for her attitude, and not just because she was born that way (and in my opinion, some people are "born bad").

...and I'm not just saying that because she looks good in her photo :-)

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    I recently remarked to an online acquaintance that is VERY pro-gun, that she should check out this site and community, because it was a good place for info with a lot of good people and while no one agrees 100% on everything, there's a good vibe here, and a place I'm glad to be a part of.

I agree this is a good forum as described above. I'm also glad to be part of it and accept the fact that not everyone will agree with me nor I with them.

We learn and move on and I think if S really did HTF, many of us would have each others backs if called upon.

I have a theory: Men will have words and even fight and often times will become friends after the dust settles. Men in war sometimes meet their enemy years later to find themselves in an embrace with tears. Those are real men of war.

It's called brotherhood of the Human Race. It happens.

Woman on the other hand are just wired different, even a self-proclaimed "pro-gun" female. They just see things differently. I'm not saying what they see is wrong, just different. Once they form an opinion, it's all over. They won't change it or admit they were wrong. There is no second impression with them. This is not an indictment of women. Just my hard won opinion.

When it comes down to it, men see things from a prepare, hunt, and survive perspective. This is what we have done for thousands of years. It's been the last 100 or so that has things all confused. Some of us are just "less confused" and state our case on these forums. Expect conflict when not PC.

There are women with brotherhood qualities, but I bet they feel compromised. Nature is funny thing like that.

As for the redneck comment. I don't get that impression on this forum. It is Indiana but it's not that prominent. I think it was misinformed.

In a nutshell, I think she was too quick to form an opinion and it was probably pre-conceived anyway. That's all I really wanted to say but you know how that goes. Damn all these words in the English language.

Can't we all just get along ? Of course not silly !:D

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    (snip)

Woman on the other hand are just wired different, even a self-proclaimed "pro-gun" female. They just see things differently. I'm not saying what they see is wrong, just different. Once they form an opinion, it's all over. They won't change it or admit they were wrong. There is no second impression with them. This is not an indictment of women. Just my hard won opinion.

(snip)

There are women with brotherhood qualities, but I bet they feel compromised. Nature is funny thing like that.

Not all of us, there are women who formulate opinions over time and those opinions can change and evolve as life unfolds. The problem is (for women) when you think like that, don't worry about "girly" things, etc - you end up on the outside. I can say, very unfortunately, I have ONE female friend I would say I could count on no matter what. Where as I have several male friends I would trust with my life. Its sad really.

That said, females really have a "don't mess with mine". Ever seen a momma bear with cubs? Once you have my (or really any females) loyalty, I've got your back.

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    Not all of us, there are women who formulate opinions over time and those opinions can change and evolve as life unfolds. The problem is (for women) when you think like that, don't worry about "girly" things, etc - you end up on the outside. I can say, very unfortunately, I have ONE female friend I would say I could count on no matter what. Where as I have several male friends I would trust with my life. Its sad really.

That said, females really have a "don't mess with mine". Ever seen a momma bear with cubs? Once you have my (or really any females) loyalty, I've got your back.

I can't say I fully understand what is said above but I do like to hear the opinion of a woman who is level headed. Props for being brave and going against the grain. Maybe nature intended for certain things to be the way they are for a reason. If we were all the same....well...you know how that would end.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I can't say I fully understand what is said above but I do like to hear the opinion of a woman who is level headed. Props for being brave and going against the grain. Maybe nature intended for certain things to be the way they are for a reason. If we were all the same....well...you know how that would end.

Like incest but even creepier?

Top Bottom