• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Sounds like your online acquaintance is classist/racist.

I'm white, rural, working class. What's more, my neck is sun burned from laboring in the sun and I'm of Scott origin. I'm from the rolling hills of Southern Indiana and my father's name is William, his grandfather's name is William, his grandfather's name is William and so on.

So, Redneck being a term for white, rural working class people and Hill Billy being a term originating from Scotts living in the hills of Eastern KY/Western VA who had a proclivity for naming their Sons William, I guess I am a redneck hillbilly.

I'm glad your acquaintance is not going to be joining us. I do not care for the company of such people.

Don't take too much offense. A lot of internet is a totally different language. Her comments may very well translate in to a face to face comment something like, "I don't like them. They hurt my feelings and then banned me."

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Gotta disagree with that. I definitely feel that INGO is the "grownup's table" out of the current choices of Indiana gun forums.

Are you sure she visited this site and not another one? You know, the one where "people say whatever they want?"

Oh come on Ress.......I thought we were friends.:dunno:

We've all hung out and had good times........no need to hate:D

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    Oh come on Ress.......I thought we were friends.:dunno:

We've all hung out and had good times........no need to hate:D

And I would have thought the same thing, but there are those who feel that being juvenile and slinging insults is "speaking their mind", and reserved only for them. When they got a tenth of what they were dishing out, they shouted "FOUL!" from the rooftops. It was pathetic actually. One of them actually had the balls to neg rep me with the message, "No need to be insulting." Pot, meet kettle.

Here's a question for the "I was merely speaking my mind" crowd:

Would your "speaking my mind" defense fly if your insults were directed toward:

A) A long time (year or two) member?

B) Another member's wife?

C) Another member's child?

D) Another member's wife, who also happens to be a member?

E) How about a site owner's family?

There are plenty more examples I could throw out there, but I don't need to, do I? Someone's low ranking status was enough for a few to rationalize disrespecting them. A reasonable person recognizes the fact that there is a base degree of respect that should be afforded to another person- online OR IRL- until that person demonstrates they are not deserving. This common denominator of respect OUGHT to be extended regardless of them having been here a day or a decade. This notion is lost on internet bullies, and in general, slack-jawed, booger-eating morons, and is something that is nurtured in other places on the internet for the entertainment of the crowd.

I am an absolute believer in free speech; but I am also an absolute believer that with free speech comes responsibility (or consequence) for your words. Like any other right, given to those with no respect, it is quickly abused.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Understood Ress......I was just messin'. :D

definitely an experiment in free speech. There are growing pains in every new idea. It is my hope that this sentiment will pass and we can all enjoy Indiana's great gun community with a certain sense of unity. Even though there is a lot of cross-board talk and razz-ma-tazz, there are still many of us that manage to keep it mellow and see these forums for what they are........the internet;)

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I've never considered "redneck" or "hillbilly" to be negative terms. Historically, neither term has anything to do with racism, which I deplore in any form.

I've read a lot about the Coal Wars of West Virginia that spawned the word "redneck," and I think those folks are a great example of what made America great.

I can't claim any such honor, but I grew up "blue collar" and I'm very proud of that.

Last edited:

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Oh my, well, after passing along the well-written post on page... 4 or 5? by SmileDocHill, not only are we rednecks and hillbillies, but trying to start the New World Order as well, lol.

Apparently I'm some kind of super undercover recruiter trolling for members of some kind of radical splinter group?

I don't know, if stopped trying to make sense of it, if any of you armchair psychiatrists want to take a crack, I'll post the info to her profile that started the whole convo in the first place.

It does NOT have any identifying information, and is on a free public singles site, so it's not like it's private anyway.

Just thought it would be an interesting study of what she presents herself as, vs. bashing other people who should all be on the "same side" so to speak.

I won't be contacting her anymore because I was threatened to be reported to INGO for trolling and/or recruiting members from other sites... wtf? I'm just laughing it off at the moment.

OkCupid | ledfarmer / 26 / F / Indianapolis, Indiana

No harrassment, no abuse, no meanness of any kind please. It's for the rubberneckers and armchair pshrinks, lol.

(I don't see where this would violate any INGO policy, if somehow it does, Mods feel free to remove the link.)

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I just went to that link, I'm not sure exactly what is going on, but wow...
    sounds like a catch to me

Yeah, in retrospect, reading it from another perspective after all the discussion on here about parts of it... It really is a little here and there and overwhelming isn't it?

Armed 24 hours a day because Sarah Palins life was threatened? Is she saying she's as high profile and controversial? Or just that because one woman was threatened it must be because she was a woman and therefore all women must be afraid? That one doesn't make a lot of sense after closer inspection and more thought...

I'd have more thoughts, but it's late, and it's hot because my central air isn't keeping up, and I plan to fish in the morning if I don't melt in my sleep...

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I agree, I carry but I don't have NRA stickers on my car, I don't wear shirts like this PIECE KEEPER PRO GUN TEA PARTY PISTOL 2ND AMEND T-SHIRT. I even don't mind the current Indiana gun control laws. But i do love guns!

I have a "**** on gun control" and two "don't tread on me stickers" on my Jeep. Sure I get looks from cars that are behind me from time to time. However, I have never once had a bad interaction with a LEO or anyone else for that matter. To me, it's exercising my right to free speech. If someone does not like it, well to damn bad!

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Oh my, well, after passing along the well-written post on page... 4 or 5? by SmileDocHill, not only are we rednecks and hillbillies, but trying to start the New World Order as well, lol.

I just checked out her info. All I can say is "wow." She is, as some would say, a work of art. She has, shall we say, issues. She is a radical elitist, to say the least. I would be more concerned if she felt that she DID fit in here.

So that's what comes out of Chicago these days?? Wow.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana

Apparently I'm some kind of super undercover recruiter trolling for members of some kind of radical splinter group?

I don't know, if stopped trying to make sense of it, if any of you armchair psychiatrists want to take a crack, I'll post the info to her profile that started the whole convo in the first place.

It does NOT have any identifying information, and is on a free public singles site, so it's not like it's private anyway.

Just thought it would be an interesting study of what she presents herself as, vs. bashing other people who should all be on the "same side" so to speak.

I won't be contacting her anymore because I was threatened to be reported to INGO for trolling and/or recruiting members from other sites... wtf? I'm just laughing it off at the moment.

OkCupid | ledfarmer / 26 / F / Indianapolis, Indiana

No harrassment, no abuse, no meanness of any kind please. It's for the rubberneckers and armchair pshrinks, lol.

(I don't see where this would violate any INGO policy, if somehow it does, Mods feel free to remove the link.)

I read her info form the link you posted.

Wow... I actually feel kind of sorry for her. Sounds real bitter, afraid, and seems to be just angry at the world.

I'm not being facetious at all, I am dead serious. Reading what she posted (if it is really her and she really posted that stuff) then I would say she has either been abused as a child by someone (either mentally, or physically) or suffered some kind of traumatic incident. She is DEFINITELY not a Buddhist, "somewhat serious" or otherwise, maybe calls her self that because she thinks it's cool to say so.

On a side note, if that's her in the photo, she looks kind of cute.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana

Wow... I actually feel kind of sorry for her. Sounds real bitter, afraid, and seems to be just angry at the world.

I'm not being facetious at all, I am dead serious. Reading what she posted (if it is really her and she really posted that stuff) then I would say she has either been abused as a child by someone (either mentally, or physically) or suffered some kind of traumatic incident. She is DEFINITELY not a Buddhist, "somewhat serious" or otherwise, maybe calls her self that because she thinks it's cool to say so.

On a side note, if that's her in the photo, she looks kind of cute.

Yeah, I judged the book by the cover, then once I started reading... Even the inside cover didn't really give a good description... LOL :laugh:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    My heart goes out to people like this. There are some deep seeded issues there. No, I'm not a "pat her on the hand and tell her she's OK kinda guy" but people like her are crying out for attention any way they can get it.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

That wasn't the impression I got. To me, she seemed arrogant and had a huge sense of self-importance. After all, she feels that if Sarah Palin (apparently) got a threat, and Gifford got shot, among all of the IMPORTANT women in the world, she was surely next.

Only "important" people should have guns, in her view, and we simply aren't important. So, she has her LTCH and carries 24/7. If you feel differently about anything, she doesn't want you to even talk to her.

That's fine. I feel I would probably despise her within seconds if we had a conversation.

Top Bottom