• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    INGOers refelct a broad spectrum of people who just happen to be networked by their intererst in firearms. Chances are you'll encounter opinions, and people, who don't always make you comfortable. If that's what you're looking for, you might want to look for a group that requires applications for membership; one where a committe decides if you "fit in". To paraphrase W.C. Fields, a great philosopher, "I'm not sure I'd want to be a member of a club that would have me as a member."

I certainly enjoy INGO and I've made some great friends and learned a lot about shooting.

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    :D Thats to bad she feels like that. But thats her opinon, everyone has one, but opinions are like something else everyone has. Some are OK and some STINK. You need to teach her some history. If it wasn't for redneck-hillbilly sharpshooter's gorilla fighten like Indians we would have lost the Revolutionary War. She just needs some schooln's all. Poor thing.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It may help your friend to go to the Barth Co. fair this week........

:laugh: - yes, she would have a blast at a County Fair in Indiana. :):

And now the obligatory red neck/hillbilly comment, " Gosh darn I sure hope she's pretty because she aint got much in the way of brains." :):

She sounds hawt.... I'd call dibs on her iff'in she was kin.

I've got 14 teeth and am married to my sister. Does that qualify for anything?

Uncle Dad?!?

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Well, I have to say that "ya'll" that claim to be hillbillies and redneck are the most open minded of the sort I've ever met.:D

IMO, she didn't want to be here. Yes, she maybe one of the "people with nothing better to do" who likes to sit around and figure out what is best for others. Or it is possible she is one of the young and righteous that know better. Or, and as far as I'm concerned the worst of the lot, those people who need to see fault in everyone and everything in order to assert her superiority. In any event she didn't want to be here either for friendship, education, or enlightenment (eye-opening). :dunno:

I'll admit, it took me about 4 to 6 months for my first post. :popcorn: As I said earlier, I'm pretty far from the whole traditional "hillbilly-redneck" thing. I have violet hair right now, before that it was pink, and before that blue. The only t-shirt I had to wear to the meet and shoot was an alternative rock concert shirt, otherwise it is black vests or ren-wear outside of work. I'm fairly used to being judged and left on the outside. But I've had some fun here and learned A LOT, so I went to the meet and shoot.

And guess what, no one made one comment or made me feel unwelcome. Everyone was open and sharing, even taught/allow me to try rifles I never thought I could have handled. Treated both my husband and myself with kindness and respect. If that is hillbillies and rednecks - where do I sign up? :ingo:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I have violet hair right now, before that it was pink, and before that blue. The only t-shirt I had to wear to the meet and shoot was an alternative rock concert shirt, otherwise it is black vests or ren-wear outside of work.
    Really?!
    Sounds, intriguing, please tell me more... ;)

Treated both my husband and myself with kindness and respect.
    Damn the part I always hate to hear....

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Really?!
    Sounds, intriguing, please tell me more... ;)

Damn the part I always hate to hear....

Yep, this little black duck is taken.:D

However, the point I was making is that "people like us" could never be comfortable in a "gun community". I'm actually MORE than comfy, but it takes the courage NOT to come in with pre-formed opinions and judgements. Put your cards on the table and see how it plays.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If it wasn't for redneck-hillbilly sharpshooter's gorilla fighten like Indians we would have lost the Revolutionary War.

The people that won the Revolutionary War? You mean guys like Lafayette?

lafayette.jpg

How dare you refer to the French as redneck-hillbilly gorillas.:laugh:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Yep, this little black duck is taken.:D

However, the point I was making is that "people like us" could never be comfortable in a "gun community". I'm actually MORE than comfy, but it takes the courage NOT to come in with pre-formed opinions and judgements. Put your cards on the table and see how it plays.

LOL

I am just a Plow-boy from the sticks what the hell do I really know anyway... ;)

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I saw the line on a shirt at a store somewhere a long time ago. It was the first thing that came to mind when I joined the forum and was setting up my account. Scary thing is I do have a very pretty almost 2 yr old daughter. Guns will be getting cleaned plenty of times at the dinner table when she gets old enough to be dating (around 30 I'm hoping!).

I have one that age and another who is almost 4, I'm gonna be cleaning guns when the boys come,

Ditto, I've got a 7 year old and a 4 year old... I'm hoping by the time that they are dating to have a range in the back yard.... I'll have the girls bring them to me while I am shooting... then they can go in the house where I will conveniently show up to clean the weapons! :rockwoot:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Christian, check
    American, check
    Marine Veteran, check
    Army Veteran, check
    Ronald Reagan Republican, check
    Conservative, check
    Deployed Veteran check
    Lost a friend who was deployed, check
    Redneck, white socks, and Blue Ribbon beer, check .....

Top Bottom