• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Obamas' minions are using this as a test for the Federal Bill they are working up. Why do people stay in Illinois?

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    This piece of trash bill made it out of a committee, it has not been passed. I don't think gun owners in Illinois should panic just yet

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    Great. Someone educate me, I'm still fairly new to all of this - what happens next? A committee (circle jerk) of knot-heads passes this...depressing but not really surprising. I never realized how much I hate Illinois till I moved out of it.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    "There is no place in Illinois for weapons designed to rapidly fire at human targets at close range [? long range okay then?]," [Quinn] said.
    I guess in the hands of the police or Rahm and Pat's bodyguards, either?

It still has to get through both houses of the legislature...

However, those who are on the sidelines re Sen. Feinstein's proposed AWB had better wake up and start contacting their federal reps. It can happen, and delayed action only helps the other side.

If this doesn't sober some folks up, I can't imagine what would...

dwain

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Along the Wabash
    I e mailed my Senator and Rep. Tuesday. They are both pro Second Amendment, but it could hurt. This makes me really sick. I wish we could make Chicago their own state.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    I can tell you this, I would NEVER abide by some piece of crap Unconstitutional gun law that they pass. All I can tell the good citizens of the Republik of Illinois is to DEEP CONCEAL.

Gunner

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    A Chicago friend's opinion on this issue.

The worse of the two bills on the floor- they were voted out of Executive Committee on a straight party-line vote- would ban about 80% of all guns in the state, including pump shotguns and guns with detachable magazines. There likely will be a Senate vote today or tomorrow. It actually could pass if the party line holds.
    The House might be tougher. The party line is less strong there.
    The governor gets a lot of money from anti-gun people in Chicago and will sign anything anti-gun in a blink.
    Whether or not these two bills goes, the maneuvering is what this is all about. The Machine- read: Emanuel- wants to get us back on our heels as battlespace preparation for the carry fight, which has five months to go.
    We had them by the short ones with the Moore/Shepard decision so this is a counterattack. We're expending political capitol by the trainload and they want to wear us down so that we won't fight so hard when carry-bill time comes.
    It's really bad here.

The Newton shooting has given gun-control advocates a crisis to exploit. They are taking advantage of this opportunity to go on the offensive. They have started the ball rolling. It is important to get every one on the defense and start an offensive fight to remove gun laws. There is a lot of money behind gun control efforts now. Add in media slant and its going to be tough.

We can't lose any of 2A friendly Supreme Court justices or we will be really screwed. The left gets a majority there and you think another 4 years of Obama will be bad. It will be hell for future generations.

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    Illinois gun owners just won a favorable court verdict regarding carry. This action is simply to throw the "full court press" back up against the Illinois gun owner, seen it countless times. However, they usually they wait for the iGold march at the capitol for this legislation.

Somewhere Kirk posted: "This is their last stand" It applies pretty well here.

More smoke and mirrors. Illinois is circling the drain, this is a lovely diversion from the real issues.

BTW: It amazes me how broke this state can be, yet it has plenty of funds to defend it's insane legislation.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Illinois gun owners just won a favorable court verdict regarding carry. This action is simply to throw the "full court press" back up against the Illinois gun owner, seen it countless times. However, they usually they wait for the iGold march at the capitol for this legislation.

Somewhere Kirk posted: "This is their last stand" It applies pretty well here.

More smoke and mirrors. Illinois is circling the drain, this is a lovely diversion from the real issues.

BTW: It amazes me how broke this state can be, yet it has plenty of funds to defend it's insane legislation.

Especially when they know any such law will be litigated to the Supreme Court. But they still have not found a way to solve their underfunded state pensions.

Top Bottom