• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mac45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2008
    Wanted to take some family from Texas to Willow Slough this past summer.
    Called to make sure it was OK, was told they could not shoot handguns with out a license/permit, (didn't matter from where), but that they could shoot long guns.
    I think they could bring their own long guns, but it would be worth a phone call to be sure.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I heard that IL residents could bring rifles but no handguns to IN ranges.

Called to make sure it was OK, was told they could not shoot handguns with out a license/permit, (didn't matter from where), but that they could shoot long guns.
    I think they could bring their own long guns, but it would be worth a phone call to be sure.

Yes they can bring their own guns to IN because we don't need a license to carry long guns here.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Great Link on the Illinois answers and PDF file. So if I read this right, I can take my handgun with me to visit someone in Illinois IF I carry it unloaded, in a case, ammunition seperate and out of reach ie trunk. Seems reasonable to me considering how much I can not stand that state. I lived there for 20 years and had my FOID card but didnt know just how bad Illinois was till I moved out.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Great Link on the Illinois answers and PDF file. So if I read this right, I can take my handgun with me to visit someone in Illinois IF I carry it unloaded, in a case, ammunition seperate and out of reach ie trunk. Seems reasonable to me considering how much I can not stand that state. I lived there for 20 years and had my FOID card but didnt know just how bad Illinois was till I moved out.

You still can NOT carry in Chicago, or other towns/cities/municipalities, that have ordinances against it!

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Thanks, I know illicago Chinois is a bad place but I was thinking more Central er southern. Thanks. This helped me a lot as I thought I could just have it if I was passing through the state, not into the state as my destination.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Code:
    At Jasper Pulaski there is a sign at the handgun range that says no FOID cards...In other words ILL residents cannot bring pistols there to shoot.
    My sons live in ILL and shoot their shotguns and rifles at Willow Slough with no problem.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    As long as you don't go right up to the RO and scream "hey, i'm from illynois, please screw with me!", would anyone know any different?

just go, MYOB, shoot, and have a good time

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    You are right....when my sons come to shoot with me, I bring my pistols and they shoot with those. Now if they were shooting at the pistol range at Willow Slough....with ILL license plates...someone might notice.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    As long as you don't go right up to the RO and scream "hey, i'm from illynois, please screw with me!", would anyone know any different?

just go, MYOB, shoot, and have a good time

Bad advice.

It has only happened once but I have had a CO ask for my LTCH at Pigeon River.

Not to mention you are suggesting they carry to & from the range without a license.

Probably not worth getting busted over.

Top Bottom