• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gotink42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    Valparaiso IN
    Does eneyone know if Indiana Res. can bring there handguns to IL for target practice. I just found out you cant bring a handgun into IN. if you live in IL. :ar15:

spirit390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    I am not LEO or a lawyer but I am from the peoples republic of illinois and I did stay at a holiday inn. I would not even risk it! The gun laws here are ridiculous. When my foid card expired and the state police took their time renewing it 107 days to be exact, a county sheriff told me to take my guns to my dads house "just to be on the safe side". Good luck and be careful

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    When did that change?
    Several years ago, when I was doing my internship with the Fountain County Sheriff's Department, I was encouraged to bring my gun to practice with the Deputies. (Late '90's)

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    One of the DNR ranges around here(Jasper Pulaski) has signs posted about how you need a license to shoot handguns and has (in bright yellow IIRC) IL FOID NOT LEGAL

gotink42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    Valparaiso IN
    Yes I saw that sign so my IL friends cant target shoot a handgun but rifles are ok. They want me to come to a range in IL thats why I was wondering if any one here knows the laws about target shooting in IL. for IN res.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I took several handguns with me to shoot in Illinois. I didn't have any problems.

Even shot at an indoor range in McHenry, IL (McHenry county, borders Wisconsin NW of Chicago proper).

But, of course, I didn't "carry" my pistola

Not being an IL resident, the FOID crapola doesn't apply to me...even as much as many folks try to apply it to us. (How many threads do we see where Hoosiers can't buy ammo in IL due to not having a FOID?)

-J-

Top Bottom