• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glocker 400

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I'm not understanding how this ties into Beyonce's outfit. Sex outside of marriage is generally seen immoral in the eyes of Christians and I understand that While I realize that many people here on INGO are, in fact, of the Christian religion, I would not be so bold to assume everyone is. Maybe the OP sees nothing wrong with sex with someone he isn't married to. Everyone has different standards and different morals. To say that one needs a different perspective or needs therapy simply because their idea of something immoral differs from yours is ridiculous. If the OP were saying he advocated something incredibly sick and criminal then sure, jump on him.

As far as what Beyonce was wearing, yes, I thought it was a little much. I wouldn't want my daughter strutting around in that outfit. Clearly some people here have different ideas about it than I do, but you don't see me jumping all over people telling them how wrong they are and how they need to change their perspective. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. And one of the glorious things about INGO is that there are varying opinions. Maybe the OP just wanted to know who shared his. No need to belittle him for it.

I was mistaken in assuming that his complaint came from a religions objection, as that is usually where such uptight nonsense comes from. The fact of the matter is, Beyonce was wearing more than most people wear at the beach. And wanting to see someone reading the Constitution at Super Bowl halftime as entertainment.....that's just weird.

Some people are wound way too tight.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Listen folks, you don't have to be religious to value modesty or decency.

That's like saying that because "thou shalt not kill" is one of the Ten Suggestions, that only a zealot would find an objection to murder.

So those of you that want to pigeon hole this can think again.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Ok, Had to look around for it....
    I don't think it's all that bad.

beyonce_zpsa4945dad.jpg

On TV the flesh colored part looked like flesh not material. She's hot, the act sucked though.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Why would anyone expect anything different at any event that caters to a crowd made up of mostly out of control testosterone, quite possibly intoxicated sports dorks? To anyone with a brain it is obvious that in any professional sport today the actual game itself is secondary, the first priority is entertainment AND TV ratings. Best example of this is the NBA, that ISN'T basketball it's sports entertainment.

Nothing new, the Roman Emperors did the same thing with the Coliseum.

:twocents:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    On TV the flesh colored part looked like flesh not material. She's hot, the act sucked though.
    I looked close while the show was on and could tell it was material made to look like flesh..

I honestly am still not seeing why this is an issue... as said many on the beach wear less and nothing is said.

I know, everyone is entitled to their opinion

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I cannot for the love of me remember tanya tucker, the judds, mickey rooney, chubby checker, brian boitano, john goodman, the temptations, shania twain, or paul mccartney being half naked or running around in lingerie.

Beyonce' is a beautiful and talented young woman. Having said that, the halftime show wasn't particularly entertaining. But then, I really can't remember one that was.

Your list made me laugh. Then, it kind of creeped me out.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I didn't care for the show and think there are better choices. Didn't care for the outfit either, it looks kinda trashy, but I don't think it really reveals anything that much. On Facebook, people were saying they had to make their kids leave the room! The outfits on cheerleaders, gymnasts, etc are just as revealing. :dunno:

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    It was in bad taste. Why dont they just go back to the days of marching bands..

Because nobody would watch and then they couldn't charge over $1MM for 15 seconds of ad time. Face it, in today's society sex sells.

Be glad she kept her clothes on. At least there wasn't a WARDROBE MALFUNCTION like Janet Jackson's. I'll never believe THAT was an accident. Among other things there was no REAL shock on either if their faces, no pause, nothing.

With everything that "entertainers" try to do these days, Beyonce was tame.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Wow bro- harsh.
    My wife and I loved the performance! She was fantastic. One of the best half time performances I've seen. Everything went off without a hitch- lights, sound, pyro- very nice

The lights, sound, and pyro were all so overdone for a reason.

*Lack of talent on a live stage.*

That show was aweful. I actually like some of her work as an artist, but live, she was just terrible. Being in a "dome" probably didn't help acoustics either.

So they just turned the lights, smoke, and dancers outfits up a couple notches to disguise how bad everything else was.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I was mistaken in assuming that his complaint came from a religions objection, as that is usually where such uptight nonsense comes from. The fact of the matter is, Beyonce was wearing more than most people wear at the beach. And wanting to see someone reading the Constitution at Super Bowl halftime as entertainment.....that's just weird.

Some people are wound way too tight.

And some people are way too loose. I don't see why it matters what other people think or do in relation to what someone thinks is right or wrong to wear: just because other people wear next to nothing on the beach doesn't make it right.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    IMO Cher and Madonna had outfits that were really trashy. This one, IMO not really bad. She is a beautiful entertainer, but she loses me with her political leanings. I suspect she supports Obama because of his skin color and perceived "coolness". You can go to any decent sized mall in the summer and in a half hour you will see a dozen women every bit as attractive.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I looked close while the show was on and could tell it was material made to look like flesh..

I honestly am still not seeing why this is an issue... as said many on the beach wear less and nothing is said.

I know, everyone is entitled to their opinion

People typically don't do a stripper dance at the beach either.

Nudity doesn't have to be sexual.

Her performance was definitely sexual.

Just how sexual do we want to be as a culture? :dunno:

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    If they want to have a singer, that is fine, but I think they should have a marching band on the field as the music source. I like college football halftime shows better with a real band. Even the Redskins and Ravens have marching bands for their teams.

I am sure a college level band like this one would love to provide music for a singer. Plus there would be some talent actually on the field for the halftime show.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN30PfgH0RU[/ame]

DeltaLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    North Central Indiana
    The Pre show performance of Matchbox 20 rocked!! :yesway::yesway::yesway:
    They actually sang and played instraments Wow real entertainers not lipsinking strippers with fireworks

:popcorn:

The lights, sound, and pyro were all so overdone for a reason.

*Lack of talent on a live stage.*

That show was aweful. I actually like some of her work as an artist, but live, she was just terrible. Being in a "dome" probably didn't help acoustics either.

So they just turned the lights, smoke, and dancers outfits up a couple notches to disguise how bad everything else was.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Yeah, it was one more fast step in the wrong direction. When Beyonce came out on the stage, I mentioned to my wife that it looked like she got dressed in too much of a hurry and forgot to put her pants on. :noway:

However, on a more positive note, I don't know who that singer was who sang the National Anthem, but I thought she did a very beautiful job. That's the way it is supposed to be sung. :yesway:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    People typically don't do a stripper dance at the beach either.

Nudity doesn't have to be sexual.

Her performance was definitely sexual.

Just how sexual do we want to be as a culture? :dunno:
    the OP is complaining of the dress, or lack there of.. that is what I was addressing.
    I didn't watch the show enough to make an informed opinion on how "sexual" the dance itself was.

Top Bottom