• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Yeah, I drive a RAM 1500, 12MPG. However I recycle, so, I kinda make up for it. It pays to recycle, went to Michigan and got $243 for all my pop cans and plastic bottles.

I'd be careful about posting stuff like this... Michigan does prosecute out-of-staters for this.

/not a narc, just sayin'...

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    If you care about having clean, clear waters to fish and swim in, you should be for the banning of phosphate detergents. There are alternatives that work just as well and cost just a bit more.
    FYI - Phosphate dish soap is banned in Indiana. Phosphate-based powdered dishwasher detergent for dishwashing machines is exempt from the ban.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    If you care about having clean, clear waters to fish and swim in, you should be for the banning of phosphate detergents. There are alternatives that work just as well and cost just a bit more.
    FYI - Phosphate dish soap is banned in Indiana. Phosphate-based powdered dishwasher detergent for dishwashing machines is exempt from the ban.

from the article...

"But it's not easy to get sparkling dishes when you go green.
    Many people were shocked to find that products like Seventh Generation, Ecover and Trader Joe's left their dishes encrusted with food, smeared with grease and too gross to use without rewashing them by hand. The culprit was hard water, which is mineral-rich and resistant to soap.
    As a result, there has been a quiet rush of Spokane-area shoppers heading east on Interstate 90 into Idaho in search of old-school suds."

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    from the article...

"But it's not easy to get sparkling dishes when you go green.
    Many people were shocked to find that products like Seventh Generation, Ecover and Trader Joe's left their dishes encrusted with food, smeared with grease and too gross to use without rewashing them by hand. The culprit was hard water, which is mineral-rich and resistant to soap.
    As a result, there has been a quiet rush of Spokane-area shoppers heading east on Interstate 90 into Idaho in search of old-school suds."

Yeah, so now they have to use 10 times as much soap to get the job done so it is probably worse for the environment than the original soap. You know, like Ultra low sulfur diesel. Gets worse mileage than the old stuff.

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    and spent like $200 for the gas to get there and back :)::laugh:

Greg

I think the total was $60 something? It was only a hour and a half to get there, and the truck does a little better on the highway lol.

That wasn't the only reason I went, I was visiting my friend who was in college. Good times :rockwoot:

Top Bottom