If you carry a gun, do you carry it when you go to . . .

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    I carry everywhere it is legal. I carry to work, while shopping and at home. My carry gun goes on when I dress in the morning and comes off at bedtime. It ain't far away at night either. I have different sizes and form of concealed carry depending on my manor of dress or the activity. Normally it's a Hi-power but sometimes a Makarov or P3AT or whatever strikes my fancy.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    I carry to church because while I certainly trust God to protect me, who's to say that the heater in my hand won't be the instrument of that protection?

agreed. If I don't have it on, I am never more than an exit, my trunk, and lockbox's doors to need it, not that I'd need it at school, since my profs(officers) are already packing:rolleyesedit:

Andrew

Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    I carry everywhere where I know for certain that I can.

What about the BMV/DMV since it's state owned? I don't see any restrictions on that.

-XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    I've put the KelTec in a ziplock bag in my bathing suit pocket, so what was your question again?

PM66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Crumstown, IN
    The only place I don't carry is OTJ. I could get sent to Cook Nuclear Plant, and that would be a problem! Plus, there's something in the employee handbook about weapons being forbidden at work.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    What about the BMV/DMV since it's state owned? I don't see any restrictions on that.

No restriction on carrying at the BMV, just don't flash it or act stupid with it and there is no problem. If you flash it, the cops get called, and quick! My local BMV has trouble with gang member wannabe's coming in and causing trouble so the staff is quick to dial 911 and the cops make an extra effort to be there quickly.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    EVERYWHERE there is not a full pat down/metal detector. I've even carried into Verizon to concerts(worst pat down searchers EVER). If my boss fires me, or I'm caught in an NPE/illegal environment, well, them's the breaks and I'll have to cross that path when I come to it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    No restriction on carrying at the BMV, just don't flash it or act stupid with it and there is no problem. If you flash it, the cops get called, and quick! My local BMV has trouble with gang member wannabe's coming in and causing trouble so the staff is quick to dial 911 and the cops make an extra effort to be there quickly.

Flash it? Do you mean don't let anyone see it? If you cannot open carry at the BMV, is that to suggest that it is in fact illegal, and you just haven't had a problem b/c you havent been caught?

I just think there is more to this than has been said.

Let not get into the OC v. CC thing because its tiring.

huawilso

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    New Castle, In
    I carry everywhere I go. I carry a g27 or Smith & Wesson 642 on my ankle in church. I never leave home without something on me or in my vehicle sometimes two or three

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I don't carry a gun every where I go. I carry where it makes any sense to be carrying a gun.

I don't care if you want to pack around 5 pounds of paper weight though.

I'd be really surprised if even half the people here claiming all this carrying time actually do carry anything but maybe the tiniest little 22 even half the time they are wanting you to think they do. I would bet a lot of these carrying claims are "carrying" in the glove box out in the car.

turkeykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    lafayette
    I don't carry a gun every where I go. I carry where it makes any sense to be carrying a gun.

I'd be really surprised if even half the people here claiming all this carrying time actually do carry anything but maybe the tiniest little 22 even half the time they are wanting you to think they do. I would bet a lot of these carrying claims are "carrying" in the glove box out in the car.

:scratch: I carry a glock 30 or a xd 40 on me at all times it becomes part of your wardrobe after while. It makes since to carry all the time because the time you don't have it on is the time you will need it.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    :scratch: I carry a glock 30 or a xd 40 on me at all times it becomes part of your wardrobe after while. It makes since to carry all the time because the time you don't have it on is the time you will need it.

If it makes sense to ya'll then go for it. I'm behind you on your right to do so if you choose to 100% and even about 90% of the time you all say ya want to. It just doesn't make any sense to me in a few places mostly just because, well it get's a little beyond any real threat, like any thing else taken to the absolute extreme. I've been there. I've done it. Wouldn't do a thing to infringe on it. I'm just saying what I know darn well there's several other thinking and doing.

I'd take it right to the wall to hold the line on any infringement just because you have to draw a line somewhere and those lines are best drawn as early as possible but at the same time it's not reasonable to imply people are not committed or not responsible if they don't want to pack around a Glock on their belt at the family reunion or on their wedding day.

That's just what I consider reasonable. I don't want to make that call for you and I sure don't want any one else telling me what I should be allowed to do or should consider reasonable or WHAT I have to do to be reasonable.

Telling me I have to doesn't sit any better with me than some one else giviing me orders that I can't.

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    I'm not allowed to carry a handgun on me when I work per federal regulations which makes no sense because truckstops are some of the most dangerous places you can be after the sun goes down. Not all truck stops are bad but some are really, really bad (e.g. Gary, IN).

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    I had to have my Jacket on my tux cut a little big
    I was wearing a Miami classic & carrying a 9 under it on my wedding day.
    We have a nice picture of us coming down the isle after the I do's were said with a little of the hand grip showing
    I didn't feel the need for my SP101 in my boot that day
    any other questions? LOL

Farmritch

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'm not allowed to carry a handgun on me when I work per federal regulations which makes no sense because truckstops are some of the most dangerous places you can be after the sun goes down. Not all truck stops are bad but some are really, really bad (e.g. Gary, IN).

What federal regulations? Last I heard, there were trucking companies that forbade their employees from carrying, but no federal law to that effect. State laws are another animal entirely.

Blessings,
    B

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I carry my Glock every where except church.

Why not church?

So where does it "make sense"? Are you able to predict when and where a violent predator will attack you? If so, why do you go there at all? If there are places where it "makes sense" to carry, but not other, why not avoid the places where it "makes sense" altogether? Then you won't ever have to carry your 5 pound paper weight.

I'm not psychic, so I can't make such predictions. I wish I could.

Why would you be really surprised? Is it possible that don't have as good of an understanding of people who carry guns as you think you do.

Last edited by a moderator:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

Not counting wars and battles. 22LR has possible put more people with the maker than any other one caliber. :twocents:

Top Bottom