If you carry a gun, do you carry it when you go to . . .

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I like to carry everywhere legal, I tend to not carry at church but have occasionally. I don't carry when running cause I hate carrying even a water bottle when I am running.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I carry everywhere. I don't care what a sign states or a workplace law might read. If I have it concealed, nobody knows it's there anyway. I don't know of any places that require you to be searched. The only place I won't carry is where I know I'll set off a metal detector, like a courthouse, jail, big sporting event, etc. I was carrying a J-frame under my uniform on my wedding day. I carried concealed daily in the military (which is verboten). I carried concealed in foreign countries where you weren't supposed to. It's MY life at stake, nobody is gonna make me helpless......and yes, if I'm ever "busted", I will deal with the consequences.....

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County

It's not that I have any belief that it is wrong. I guess it is just that when I go to Church I try to give God my 100% attention and devotion for that time, so I don't bring anything that can distract me or get me thinking about something else. Same reason I don't bring my phone. I know there have been shootings at Churches.

Everyone thinks/operates differently so I certainly don't hold anything agains anyone that does carry at Church, this is just my personal opinion on it. I just don't feel like I need to.

Last edited:

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    It's not that I have any belief that it is wrong. I guess it is just that when I go to Church I try to give God my 100% attention and devotion for that time, so I don't bring anything that can distract me or get me thinking about something else. Same reason I don't bring my phone. I know there have been shootings at Churches.

Everyone thinks/operates differently so I certainly don't hold anything agains anyone that does carry at Church, this is just my personal opinion on it. I just don't feel like I need to.
    I'm just the opposite. I don't go to church when I carry. :):

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have at least one gun on me at all times I have pants on unless I am going somewhere I am not legally allowed to. I carry at work where I am not supposed to by company policy. F them, I am the one that will be car jacked on my way home at midnight.

I start a new job next week with quite few gun nuts (including the owner's son) who carry. Hell, I can now even openly talk about guns without too much worry.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Most of the time, if I'm with my family, I'm carrying. I'm looking for something that will allow me to carry more places.

I sometimes carry to church, I routinely carry when I visit family, but most of my "relatives" are out of state (IN license accepted :) )

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I work for the gubment...can't carry at work. Unfortunate, too, because I do "field work" from time-to-time. Of course, most of that field work is in schools and on school property...I'm double-whammied in that regard.

I can't carry at church because our church has a licensed day care / pre-school on premisis.

-J-

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I can't carry at church because our church has a licensed day care / pre-school on premisis.

-J-

That is such a stupid law. I would rather have my kids in a protected daycare instead of somewhere one of my fiance's crazy ex's could walk in with a gun and walk out with the kids.... Off subject, sorry.

Top Bottom