If the constitution is the supreme law of the land....!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    IMG_20150722_115502_zpsv6ciaekm.jpg

Is this the same guy who 'put down' the whiskey rebellion?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Their not our masters, their our servants. And as such when they get out of line its our place to put them back in line. How can we let tyrannical politicians stay. If they Prevert the constitution and disregard direct and specific wording to coopt it for their own ends

Their, there, they're. If you're (your, yore) going to try and define the constitution's meaning for the common folk, you ARE going to have to learn to use the language properly. Your inability to do so does not inspire confidence in your own understanding.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Fat and happy are hard to motivate to rebellion.

Americans are FAT AND HAPPY.

Even though they'd complain if you hung 'em with a new rope, it'll take a lot more pain than I expect we'll see in my lifetime to get 10% of the populace motivated enough to do anything.

Lots of folks will SAY they'll follow you if YOU start the fight. Dam n few actually will.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Hi.

Boat rockers. Indeed they were.

Good talk.

So...since we are on the topic of things that will absolutely get a user perma-banned from INGO, like, instantly...I think it's important to point to this:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...n/12952-posting-about-inciting-civil-war.html

Simply put: INGO does not allow discussion of insurrection.

So...I would ask anyone considering posting to be consider your position thoroughly, pick your words carefully, and tread delicately.

Oh, and IBTL...

Can we at least advocate for ripping the tags off the mattresses? :stickpoke:

But remember, your view of rights and natural laws are only as strong as your fellow citizen's willingness to see them in a like mind. No matter how right you are, if your neighbor isnt willing to also view them likewise and stand shoulder to shoulder with you, your view is irrelevant. (and can result in a real-world perma ban)

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    The understanding of the Constitution as a contract/treaty under whose terms we grant pols the authority to govern, and the Bill of Rights as a list of out-of-bounds-markers on government authority rather than a list of priviledges that they might not condescend to grant us, used to be part of the school curriculum and common knowledge. But that was when there was at least a facade of the rule of law, now we have the FBI director stand up and recite a long list of criminal acts by HRC and her staff; say that in another case with similar circumstances there would be sanctions (ie do not pass GO. Go directly to jail); and then say "but that's not what we're deciding now".

our society is circling the drain. The romans had 'bread and circuses", we've got professional sports and "reality TV"

BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    Is the Roman empire to be our future?

I just love the mental idea of how Americans just want to sit here and Fiddle while Rome Burns

Last edited:

BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    As we look through the lenses of history, every great nation or empire has had its day in the sun, then fell. Should that be our epitaph on our grave marker in history?

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Their not our masters, their our servants. And as such when they get out of line its our place to put them back in line. How can we let tyrannical politicians stay. If they Prevert the constitution and disregard direct and specific wording to coopt it for their own ends

You are correct of course. But looking at the choices we have for Prez this year...it's not the polytickians that are out of line it's the people. We put up with this crap. I don't know why...but we do.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Hi.

Boat rockers. Indeed they were.

Good talk.

So...since we are on the topic of things that will absolutely get a user perma-banned from INGO, like, instantly...I think it's important to point to this:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...n/12952-posting-about-inciting-civil-war.html

Simply put: INGO does not allow discussion of insurrection.

So...I would ask anyone considering posting to be consider your position thoroughly, pick your words carefully, and tread delicately.

Oh, and IBTL...

1: im not posting about inciting civil war unless your counting the WWtFFD.
    But Yes remember folks please stick with historical and hypothetical representations and just in case
    please please please do not use quotes from our founding fathers, founding documents & Federalist papers without TRIGER WARNINGS that must be placed one post before the possibly offending post.

Badwolf,

Your sarcasm in response to a simple request to stay within the rules to which you agreed when you joined here is not appreciated.

Quotes from the Founders are fine, depending on their context. You want to talk about what DID happen, no issue. You want to talk about what might happen, questionable. You want to incite things like what did happen to happen again, especially after Paul's (and now my) warning, you can expect that it will be among your last posts here. The Founders of this country did much to obtain our freedom. They sacrificed much as well. One of my personal favorite quotes is, "Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it." courtesy of Pres. John Adams.

So, sir, I ask you: What use have you made of your freedom, other than rabble-rousing on an internet website? Have you run for public office? Have you printed newsletters? Another quote from Frederick Douglass: "A man's rights rest in three boxes: The ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." I would humbly correct Mr. Douglass, that they also rest in the soap box and the mail box. You seem to be taking advantage of one of those; do note that the cartridge box is the last of them, not the first, nor even the second.

And in answer to the question of what ATF would do with people all standing outside, armed, during a raid... Let us look to the Whiskey Rebellion for our answer, Posse Comitatus aside, or for a more recent example, look to Waco. How many armed officers and agents would it take to decimate your neighborhood? How long would it take to declare martial law to put down a so-called rebellion?

The Supreme Court has told us that our rights are not absolute; I'm not sure that I agree with that, at least insofar as the Founders' intent, however this is the world we live in, and this is the body our esteemed Founders placed to check the power of the other two branches, which, as Hough pointed out, was actually their own doing in Marbury v. Madison.

There are plenty of places you can talk about various subjects. If the subject is "armed insurrection against the government of the United States of America", this is not one of those places.

I would really rather not sit down in my living room and talk with federal agents. I would like even less to sit down at some government building and talk with them. Don't dismiss this as hyperbole... At least one person associated with this site has caused conversations like that to take place.

Whatever you or I may think, that subject is closed on these boards.

You want to talk about how to avoid it going that far, that might be a better topic, and close enough to your original to possibly satisfy your desire to approach the subject.

Thanks for your help and cooperation.

Blessings,
    Bill

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You are correct of course. But looking at the choices we have for Prez this year...it's not the polytickians that are out of line it's the people. We put up with this crap. I don't know why...but we do.

ignorance of the masses, apathy, bystander effect... The list goes on.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    :evilangel::evilangel::shoot::stickpoke:

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Thems that's in charge tends to stay in charge.

Not at all. They set up a system where the people had a say, and had that say by voting. The founding fathers rebelled when other options were exhausted, not because they didn't like what other people were voting for. In fact, you'll note a series of peaceful transfers of power in this county ever since.

In a county where voter turn out is generally 20-55% percent, I don't think we're taking advantage of the system they set up. It's way easier and more fun to run through the woods yelling Wolverines.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Not at all. They set up a system where the people had a say, and had that say by voting. The founding fathers rebelled when other options were exhausted, not because they didn't like what other people were voting for. In fact, you'll note a series of peaceful transfers of power in this county ever since.

In a county where voter turn out is generally 20-55% percent, I don't think we're taking advantage of the system they set up. It's way easier and more fun to run through the woods yelling Wolverines.

Agreed.

It sure is...it's less fun to run through the virtual woods yelling "Wolverines", but easier. Much easier.

I also find it amusing that some people think that a tiny minority of people can change our government by any means necessary "to protect liberty" and come up with something better [hah!]...and yet, no plans for what comes after. President Bush's plan to rebuild Iraq was better thought out.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We all sit here talking over the finer points of the 2nd amendment. Why? We all know that the constitution and the bill of rights was written not to confer rights but to stop dead in its tracks government from interfering with our creator given rights. So I leave this here.

"No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it."

Any law or regulation made to limit, change, subvert, coopt, any of the bill of rights is null and void and yes that includes the 2nd amendment.

So quit debating gun control..... Resistance is not futile!

Original intent is where the issue lies.

Top Bottom