• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Atlanta is hosting their IDPA match this Saturday, Aug 6, Sign up is between 9:00 -9:45 AM, see below...
    -------------

Greetings,

We will be hosting our regularly scheduled IDPA match at Atlanta Conservation Club this Saturday, August 6th. If you are planning on attending, please read this announcement in entirety. You can check for updates on the match at IndyIDPA. In the event we have to cancel due to weather, we will post something by 0600 on Saturday. This match promises to be challenging and lots of fun. I hope you can join us. We work really hard at designing matches within the spirit of IDPA.

The IDPA membership policy goes into effect with this match. That means if you have ever shot an IDPA match with us, you will need to be a current, paid up IDPA member and we will check membership cards. A printed verification of membership from the IDPA website will be sufficent. You can join IDPA at International Defensive Pistol Association. We will accept a copy of the online transaction as proof of membership. Let us know if there are any questions.

MANDATORY NEW SHOOTER ORIENTATION-NO EXCEPTIONS: We welcome new shooters but we do require they attend our new shooter orientation. The meeting will start promptly at 0900. PLEASE BE PUNCTUAL.

The match will consist of 5-8 COF's with a round count around 70- 80. I recommend you bring twice as much. Courses of fire will be viewable on the website by 1800 Thursday evening.

ACC is a cold range on match day. That means no gun handling except in designated safe areas or as directed on the firing line by your safety officer. There is no ammunition handling in the safe area unless you arrive with a CCW and then you may only do so under direct supervison of a safety officer. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS WHATSOEVER TO THIS RULE.

The usual brass policy applies which means you can pick up as much as you want for 15 minutes after tear down is complete. COMPLETE MEANS ALL EQUIPMENT IS STOWED IN THE BARN. We have had some violations of this rule recently so I am going to ask our safety officers to be vigilant and take corrective action if necessary.

Everyone is expected to assist with scorekeeping, pasting targets, and with teardown unless a physical disability prevents you from doing so.

We need help with officiating and setup. You can shoot for a discounted or even waived match fee depending on how much you want to help.
    To receive a discounted match fee, YOU MUST RSVP AND SHOW UP BY 0800 SHARP TO RECEIVE A DISCOUNT. NO EXCEPTIONS.

We will plan on meeting at the pole barn at 0800 on Saturday, split into groups, and complete our setup. If you show up really early, I may not have anything for you to do except maybe cleaning the restrooms or clearing trash out of the barn until I get organized. I REALLY NEED SOME SHOOTERS TO TAKE THESE TASKS ON. I appreciate any offer to help, but please let Joe and I get organized if you show up early.

Details:

Setup 0800
    New shooter orientation 0900
    Registration starts 0900
    Registration closes 0945 (no late registration permitted)
    Safety briefing 0945
    Shots fired 1000
    Match fee = $15

Hope to see you on Saturday,

Jeff Brown
    IDPA Match Director at ACC
    Indiana IDPA Area Coordinator

indycruzr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Indy Westside
    They don't post the stages on indyidpa.com until the night before after 8:00 pm. They don't want folks setting them up prior so they can practice. Seems reasonable to me, at least.

Oh by the way my wife and I'll be there tomorrow, too. Always a great time!!

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    They don't post the stages on indyidpa.com until the night before after 8:00 pm. They don't want folks setting them up prior so they can practice. Seems reasonable to me, at least.

Oh by the way my wife and I'll be there tomorrow, too. Always a great time!!

That is what I remembered in the past, but the origonal post said Thursday night. Jim.

Top Bottom