• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Adamz04

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Fort wayne
    I was wondering if anyone has any easy but effective ways to set up a perimeter around a campsite. Maybe a 40x40 area. One that would be effective for 2 and 4 legged rascals.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    For what purpose. is this a bug out situation and you want to set up security, or are you just out camping and are scared of animals?

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Probably the only weigh effective solution, for 1 to 2 people, is going to be trip wires and flares.

They aren't hard to come by, but can be dangerous in a woods. I don't know for sure, but I imagine you could find a similar device that just emits sound ([edit] like a bell :facepalm: ). Flares are reusable if not tripped, and recovered with CARE.

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    You could always build a brush corral with sticks and the like. Take a bit of foraging but if it's doable in the African bush it's doable in an American forest setting.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    If just for camping out I would say a big mean dog staked in and chained where he could reach where you want him to be able to. The other inexpensive option would be the fishing line and some bells.

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    Trip wire with bells tied to it

I was going to say something like this. Fishing line about a foot off the ground with some bells tied to it. The other thing that works is a fishing line tripwire tied to some mouse traps. You tie the string to the trigger on the mousetrap and they "snap" pretty loudly when tripped. If you want a little more "pop", you can buy those little white things that you buy around the 4th of July that you throw on the ground and they pop. I hope you know what I mean because I don't know what they're called. A couple of those under the arm of the trap will make a pretty decent "pop".
    Cyalume also makes a tripwire set-up made specifically to be used with their lightsticks. It doesn't make a lot of noise but the light should scare off most trespassers.
    I hope these help.

Top Bottom