• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I support the idea of having locks on any gun not kept ready for immediate use. That could mean "in the safe" or "with a lock through the action" or any number of other things... but in no case does it mean "in compliance with the law". How you keep your guns is and should be your choice and yours alone.

Blessings,
    Bill

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I have absolutely no problem with any sheriff or police chief that thinks all guns should be locked up. As any other citizen, they are absolutely entitled to their opinions. I will even allow that as any other citizen can, they can use their voice to lobby for their position. That is after all the American way.

It is when such ideas become law, or are enforced in the absence of law that I have issue.

I know from experience that the producer probably took 30 minutes of roll and pulled out one or two sound bites. We don't necessarily know what was said before or after or the context the sound bite was said in.

I didn't see the segment, but it sounds like he's just peddling the free locks. I really see no harm nor infringement of rights in giving free locks to those who want them.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I have absolutely no problem with any sheriff or police chief that thinks all guns should be locked up. As any other citizen, they are absolutely entitled to their opinions. I will even allow that as any other citizen can, they can use their voice to lobby for their position. That is after all the American way.

It is when such ideas become law, or are enforced in the absence of law that I have issue.

I know from experience that the producer probably took 30 minutes of roll and pulled out one or two sound bites. We don't necessarily know what was said before or after or the context the sound bite was said in.

I didn't see the segment, but it sounds like he's just peddling the free locks. I really see no harm nor infringement of rights in giving free locks to those who want them.
    The point is that the office of Sheriff is an elected position and I certainly wouldn't want to lend my future support or vote to anyone that says they wish every gun in the county had a lock on it. After all, it is the American way.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The point is that the office of Sheriff is an elected position and I certainly wouldn't want to lend my future support or vote to anyone that says they wish every gun in the county had a lock on it. After all, it is the American way.

I wish every gun in Marion Co. was either secure with a person (as in a holster) or locked in a safe. I don't understand how it's a bad thing to want a firearm to be secured.

Edit: Unless he meant EVERY gun should be locked up and inaccessible. I don't think that's what he meant though.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    js, the problem is that we have our employees telling us how our property should be stored.

It's none of the Sheriff's business and he needs to start acting like a servant and not the boss.

Top Bottom