• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You only want one new one? That's easy. It's when there are several that you cannot live without at the same time that will getcha.

And for that Outcast kneck knife, if you want to sell It to fund the new knife let me know. I'll help u out. :D I want one of those so bad I cannot stand it.

Well, when I say "I want a new knife," you should know that "a" is the same as "all of the knives I don't have yet, plus some that I do."

I'll keep the Outcast ... I don't chop much with it, but it's fun to see reactions when I pull it out from under my shirt.

I like bacon.

Sorry I just thought we were stating obvious facts that apply almost universally to this forum.

Though I cant afford one yet, people rave about ESEE

You are correct, however stating and restating (and restating) the obvious is one of my specialties.

ESEE is awesome. I have a pre-ESEE RAT4 that I really do wear as a neck knife. I'm getting an Izula next, then maybe, just maybe . . . the Junglas!

Do ya have a Busse yet?

INFI seems to cure the pain for a minute!:n00b:

Nah. They're well made and worth what they charge, but most of them are way, way too thick for my liking. I'm sure there are exceptions, but most I've seen, handled, and tried to use have been sharpened prybars.

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    Get the Junglas Man! I love mine! I thought it would just be a chopper, but it is a great large knife too. The more I use it the better I like it! It also takes an unbelievable edge!

Hakk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    indy
    the name of the day is "cold steel" assuming you have the money cause they are expensive!!!!

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    the name of the day is "cold steel" assuming you have the money cause they are expensive!!!!

wow.....in real life? cold steel is a lot of hype for a very inferior product. some stuff they produce is ok but the vast majority is ****. they mostly steal designs and ship them off to china to be mass produced by kids. really there is much better product out there.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    most of them are way, way too thick for my liking. I'm sure there are exceptions, but most I've seen, handled, and tried to use have been sharpened prybars.

Don't be discriminating, the thick ones need lovin' too :D

Now, that's your definition of thick? Quarter? 5/16"? Half?

There's a model in just about every thickness.

Personally, I like the extra weight. I'm definitely going to get a half inch thick Horton one of these days :D

Sooo.....you like your knives........thin.......Blind Horse is a good option, most of there stuff isn't thick. Ban Tang can make some pretty thin stuff too, same way with Bark River. At the last 1500, there was a small knife company named Cross Knives, they were Bark River-ish. Not too thick, zero edge convex.

Hakk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    indy
    i have an espada ive had for years hands down best folder ive ever touched. its better than my benchmade. i have a custom blackie collins fixed blade im quite partial to. but i appriciate you view. do u have any cold steel material your judging off of or is it just hearsay

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i have an espada ive had for years hands down best folder ive ever touched. its better than my benchmade. i have a custom blackie collins fixed blade im quite partial to. but i appriciate you view. do u have any cold steel material your judging off of or is it just hearsay

yes sir I do. though I don't actually need one of their blades to determine that they are a bunch of copying, design stealing thieves. once in a while they put out something decent that they have stolen from a outstanding maker/company but the vast majority of their stuff is junk out of china. some say I am a bit of a knife junky/addict but I don't alway agree with them :) and I don't do **** off hearsay. every knife I own or have owned gets used and beat on. no other way to know if it will stand the test of time.

and M67 good luck finding one of those half inch thick hortons lol. he is pretty much team no fixed blades for the past 9 months but will have a few thinner boys at blade. but for you I will post up a picture of a half inch version :) horton hawk

spine shot
    88d367a3.jpg

028bcfbc.jpg

17957d82.jpg

8368c113.jpg

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Wow, that hawk is sexy. I handled one of his half inch thick trench knives at Blade last year. Pure awesomness.

And I'd go for a half inch thick folder :D

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Wow, that hawk is sexy. I handled one of his half inch thick trench knives at Blade last year. Pure awesomness.

And I'd go for a half inch thick folder :D

lol the hawk is a freaking monster. pure sex imo.

as for a thick folder I know for sure he has at least a couple thick warnie folders that are absolutely stunning but definitely not quite a 1/2 lol.

bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Do ya have a Busse yet?

INFI seems to cure the pain for a minute!:n00b:

It does? I think INFI has caused me more stress and pain than anything I've ever collected. No regrets though.

WOW!!!! That Horton hawk is flippin' insane. Awesome blade!

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Funny you want an Izula and have a Rat (ESEE) 4....

I want an ESEE 4 and have an Izula...

Oh the irony!!!

Going to do some backyard camping the weekend (was going to tonight but I be damned if this wasn't my extra night to work)...anyways, I'm sure the izula will do fine for assisting me in starting a lil backyard fire, I am thinking about carrying the Izula and having the 4 four a bit heavier duty use.

I want to use it to clean game, fish (though nothing beats my gpas old filet knife).

I am not a knife collector (yet) I just am getting knives to fill a spot.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    You need a Grayman Satu. That thing is a freaking beast :rockwoot:
    Ehhh....I don't have massive hands so it's a touch big.

And the blade isn't thick enough ;)

lol the hawk is a freaking monster. pure sex imo.

Yeah, I'd imagine I'd have to smoke a cigarette after using it :D

It does? I think INFI has caused me more stress and pain than anything I've ever collected. No regrets though.

That's the damn truth :):

Top Bottom