• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Spiders are awesome I never kill a spider, they are good bugs that eat all the other nasty bugs. What I cant stand are crickets and grasshoppers. I hate the way their little feet stick to you when they walk on you, gives me the willys...

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I don't really like them, at least certain ones. But I don't totally hate them or have this horrible fear of them either. Most I see will just get killed swiftly, normally by one of the boots I'm wearing :D

The part I do hate though is walking through the woods, and not noticing some webbing running from one tree to another, not a whole web just some strings of it. Then I accidentally walk through it, and gotta check myself to see if there is one on me. If so it gets knocked off and I keep going.

Mrcole

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This reminds me of the time I chased an R/C plane into a corn field and when I finally found it and stopped running I realized I was covered in those giant (for Indiana) yellow and black garden/corn spiders. Needless to say, I stopped, dropped and rolled although I wasn't on fire.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Early in our marriage (Carter was President)my wife told me to get this spider on the table where the plants were. I dutifully came out with this little dab of toilet tissue, the amount Sheryl Crow wants us to use. This spider was bigger than a silver dollar! The 12 ga Ithaca came to mind, but the thought of cleaning up potting soil till the next morning prompted me to get a fly swatter(like shooting a grizzly with a .38) that bent after I splattered spider guts everywhere.Oh, the fond memories of our youth! The most dramatic spider kill came a few years ago, while the wife and I were watching tv,when a smaller spider,50 cent coin size, came out from under the tv and was making a fast beeline for my beloved redhead! With complete disregard for my own personal safety, I immediately dove to my knees(not easy at my age)in between the spider and my wife and pounded it with my bare fist! Then there's the time I killed a big one with my Mosin M-44 bayonet.

Last edited:

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    spider-pig.jpg

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I appreciate the whole concept of being a "spider". Spin a web, catch other bugs, drain them of bodily fluids so on and so on. I dont mind them OUTSIDE, I would rather not see one in the house, and if I saw one like the one in the video, I would move somewhere where they don't have spiders.

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I actually have some gum removed SPRAY that I hit them with. Freezes the little tards...you can even here them crackle as they freeze...pretty cool.

Or you could just light the spray coming out and toast the f'ers.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Wow. you guys are like my wife and girls. They HATE spiders. However, during the summer we have an ant problem as well.

First, let me say I'm like HFB1. I don't hate spiders, but I don't like certain ones. Namely, small ones. But the big ones are awesome. Just don't mess with them and they won't mess with you. But I'm also like HFB1 when it comes to walking into a web. If I didn't see it coming I immediately go into search and destroy mode.

However, I don't mind a couple spiders in the house for a day or two. If I see them before the wife, I leave them be for a couple days then do what the guy in the video did (only actually catch them), slide a piece of paper under the bowl and take them outside. I've only had to kill a couple big spiders and only one was an accident. He was too quick and got squished by the bowl's rim. Poor bastard.

Since we have an ant problem, the spiders do us a favor by killing the ants and scaring a good portion away. But if I see a little spider, he's toast. If it's smaller than a dime he doesn't have a chance.

Oh yea, and Daddy Longleg spiders are my favorite. I catch them and play with them, let them crawl on my arm, look them in the eye, etc. It's even fun to chase my wife with them. :D

Top Bottom