I think I scared the Jehovah's Witnesses...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    With all the negativity about JWs in this thread, I have to say I have neighbors who are JWs and they are absolutely the nicest and most decent people I have ever had living next door to me.

The Savior said that the greatest commandment is to love thy God, and like unto it is to love thy neighbor as thyself. If other kinds of Christians followed this rule to the extent my neighbors do, the world would be a lot better place than it is.

MOST of the JWs I know are nice, honest people. But ALL of them have a blind spot when it comes to religion or church. They believe that The Church is THE MOST important thing in their lives, and will readily but church activities above family/friends/etc. Also, non of them that I know can explain much of anything when confronted by various contradictions in the Bible that don't agree with their beliefs.

My wife says that they are like the Borg (for you Star Trek fans). And like the Borg, each is incapable of individual thought. The entire goal seems to be to travel around and assimilate others, who then are made a drone of the "collective." It's actually a pretty good analogy. The next time you see a herd of JWs, just imagine them saying "You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile."

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    . Don't let the beliefs of a few hardcore crazies lead to to assume that all are that way.

I grew up with and around JW's so I have more than a good grasp on how they operate, and they are all hardcore crazies as that is the mark of a good JW in their eyes. if they aren't then most likely they are in it physically not mentally because they don't want to lose the "friends" and family they cultivated while being in the religion. the threat of losing all your friends and family over what is often times not a big deal is a powerful thing if your whole life revolves around those people because you have been taught that socializing/befriending with people other than that will cause you to lose the "gift of everlasting life". you will find if you dig deeper the latter makes up most of the religions numbers these days.

Top Bottom