I think I scared the Jehovah's Witnesses...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    so i'm sitting in my house watching the Military Channel and petting my dog when their is a knock on the door. the other dog is going crazy downstairs, so i grab my SA 1911 and go answer the door.

there stands a pack of Jehovah's Witnesses. they hand me a pamphlet and start asking me if i think the world is getting much much worse. i said of course it is, the entire government is in Democratic hands and then I laughed. apparently they didnt think i was funny, cause i could hear the crickets chirping. lol

so then they went to talk a bit about the end of days and whether i had a plan blah blah blah. so being the smart@$$ that i am (though i was truthful), i said "well i put my faith in God, but in case He's late, this is my backup plan." and then i put my hand on my 1911. i heard several of them mutter "O my" and "my goodness" etc, etc. the woman who was doing the talking got a surprised look on her face and immediately bid me good day. lol

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    You could have been worse. One of my best friends (little hairy bugger to boot) met them at the door one morning holding a beer and wearing nothing but a smile. I needed bleach for that mental image...

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I used to have a set of gargoyles in a flowerbed along my front sidewalk. One was picking his ear, one picking his nose, the other picking his butt. I could always tell when the JH's had been by cause they always turned the gargoyles around so you couldn't see the "picking". Some days I thought it was funny, other days it just ticked me off.

No point what-so-ever to this post. Just felt the need to share. :):

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    oh man, thats not cool at all. if i caught someone messing with my property like that, they would catch an earful. i respect their beliefs and their want to spread them, but messing with someone's stuff in any way, shape, or form is unacceptable.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    oh man, thats not cool at all. if i caught someone messing with my property like that, they would catch an earful. i respect their beliefs and their want to spread them, but messing with someone's stuff in any way, shape, or form is unacceptable.

I agree. My uncle Steve told me a story about how when he was in the army my grandpa came home from work one day and some jehovah's witnesses were there and had taken down his U.S. flag and put it on the porch (my aunt told him it happened after she answered the door). Well he was pissed since he served in the army himself and two of his sons (my uncles Steve and Mike) were both serving at the time. He put it back up and was ready for them the next day. They came back and started doing it again. He stepped out the door with his 12 ga double barrel and told them if they ever touch his flag again he's got a barrel of buckshot for each of them. That he served in the army and two of his sons were and they should never disrespect our country like that. They left and never came back again. :patriot:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I agree. My uncle Steve told me a story about how when he was in the army my grandpa came home from work one day and some jehovah's witnesses were there and had taken down his U.S. flag and put it on the porch (my aunt told him it happened after she answered the door). Well he was pissed since he served in the army himself and two of his sons (my uncles Steve and Mike) were both serving at the time. He put it back up and was ready for them the next day. They came back and started doing it again. He stepped out the door with his 12 ga double barrel and told them if they ever touch his flag again he's got a barrel of buckshot for each of them. That he served in the army and two of his sons were and they should never disrespect our country like that. They left and never came back again. :patriot:

good for him! what they did was dishonorable in the worst way, especially given his family's service. do you know what the reasoning for their actions was?

i am for 100% free speech, even the most offensive kind (as long as it doesnt infringe on others' rights), but i just could never imagine having the balls to do something like that.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    They really think they're going to convert people while doing things that offend them... that's what I can't seem to wrap my head around.
    No expert here, but I don't think they care all that much about converting us, though I am sure they would be happy with any converts they get. What they are concerned about is fulfilling their duty to try. Their salvation is all about working to show God how serious you are. I like the concept of grace a whole lot better.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i like the fact that they originally believed that only 144,000 would be saved as it says in Revelation. now they claim that number is symbolic (ie a multiple of 12....Apostles, Tribes of Israel, etc) because there are more than 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses. ;)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I've got a good one. I was cleaning my AR in the garage when a
    bam-obama campaigner came by (this is before he had the nomination)
    He wanted to tell me all about bams positions and I told him to
    start right here pointing to my AR. Needless to say the conversation didn't
    get past gun laws not to mention the restrictions of bams home state and city.

Guy gave me a funny look.... :draw:
    :laugh: :laugh:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    good for him! what they did was dishonorable in the worst way, especially given his family's service. do you know what the reasoning for their actions was?

i am for 100% free speech, even the most offensive kind (as long as it doesnt infringe on others' rights), but i just could never imagine having the balls to do something like that.

Well remember this was back in the 70's or so, during Nam. I remember he told me that they had tried various times to get the family to convert and of course my grandpa being smart wouldn't do it, lol. Apparantly they were against having pride in your country or something. I don't know how they could have the balls to do it either, they lived in that neighborhood, knew about my grandpa, that he served, had sons serving, and he had been a bit of a hero when he was in the army. They should of known better than to go there, but they learned their lesson. :patriot:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    i like the fact that they originally believed that only 144,000 would be saved as it says in Revelation. now they claim that number is symbolic (ie a multiple of 12....Apostles, Tribes of Israel, etc) because there are more than 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses. ;)

don't get me started on them! they are a cult plain and simple. half my family wants nothing to do with me just because I'm not one and therefore I am a horrible person. I wish I could cause them to realize they are signing their life away to a publishing company.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    lmao...i am considered an idol worshiper because i wear a cross around my neck!

as for the flag issue,i found this on their webpage:

Nationalism
    Jehovah’s Witnesses are not allowed to salute the flag of any nation, recite the pledge of allegiance, stand for or sing the national anthem, run for public office, vote, or serve in the armed forces.

Top Bottom