• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which logo should I use for the Military-Arms Channel?

• Total voters

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Hey guys, so I'm trying to design a logo for my YouTube channel (see my sig line) and wanted to ask my friends here on INGO for some help.

I've come up with two designs. I'm not all that talented at Photoshop, so this is about as good as it gets. :D

Please vote and give me an honest opinion.

Option 1:
    1189896935_ZuQzi-L.png

Option 2:
    1189892940_EvwpX-L.png

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I wanted to explain the significance of the Cross of St. James and the choice of colors.

Red and Gold are the colors of the USMC. I'm a former Marine, so these colors are near and dear to me.

The Cross of St. James is the symbol of a warrior dating back to the crusades. Knights would use this symbol which represented both the Christian cross as well as the sword.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i picked option 1. i know what option 2 is only cause you told me and i have multiple ak's lol. i just don't think the average person who will visit your stuff will know what it is unless it's specified somewhere.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    #1. The additional colors make it "pop" more, and the Cross of St. James looks better at smaller sizes (like your avatar). Plus, very few people are going to recognize the stylized AK bolt for what it is... and you guys review more (way more) than just AKs...

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I have been in sales and marketing for some 19 years now, with a BS in Business. My thoughts:

#1 because it's easier to identify with. It has more color too. It would be easier to reproduce into something recognizable when transferring to other media as well. One never knows when something will take off and you would need letterhead, business cards, etc with a tiny, little crest that needs to be easy to recognize. One's logo needs to be versatile and easy to understand. Complicated logos confuse the message.

Hope this helps. Best to you in your venture.

Last edited:

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    #1 is better. The AK bolt face? Nah...it's cool, but I would have never known what it was if you hadn't told me. Like the other dude said, keep it simple, make it easy to read, and don't make folks guess what's up if you wanna get your message across.

Also, I would make the lettering easier to read by using higher contrasting colors and/or outlining/shadowing the letters.

Just a thought...

<<< On my avatar...see how I outlined the dark grenade with a light fading shadow to make the grenade stand out from the subdued Marine Corps emblem?

Last edited:

Sgt Stoner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Fishers
    I like #2 best and agree with Newbomb92 that the color should be darker. I didnt know it was an AK bolt either but I still think its a cool design.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I wanted to explain the significance of the Cross of St. James and the choice of colors.

Red and Gold are the colors of the USMC. I'm a former Marine, so these colors are near and dear to me.

The Cross of St. James is the symbol of a warrior dating back to the crusades. Knights would use this symbol which represented both the Christian cross as well as the sword.

Option 1 - using a target in this political climate is begging for attention.

:patriot: for your service...

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana

The colors catch your eye, the text is easy to read, and it appears to reduce to smaller sizes without loss of clarity.

I had no idea what the image in #2 was until I read further down the thread.

Only thing I don’t like about #1 is the “white fade”/shadow/shading or whatever it is under the text. Maybe if it was a different color (different shade of green) it would be easier on the eyes and not distracting of the text.

Top Bottom