• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 has something seriously wrong with the front end. I can't determine if it's in the power steering, brakes or maybe a wheel bearing. I'm hoping maybe we have a member near Indy who could help me diagnose the problem and determine if I can repair it myself or repair it for me.

I'm not looking for handouts or freebies, just like to meet someone trustworthy and fair. I have no problem paying for work but after the way Palmer Dodge has treated me I'd rather light the truck on fire than take it back into a dealership.

Any help?

TIA

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    There is a shop in Avon, I believe, owned by a guy named Mr. McGuire. I can't remember his first name, but he is a strong Christian man and really knows his stuff. He is always reasonable, and if there's nothing wrong, he'll tell you.

I wish I could remember where he is now, but he opened a new shop. He used to be over in Speedway near the old Fately's body shop. The reason I'm posting with so little info is that I'm hoping someone here knows who he is and where he is and can give you a reference. His daughter was one of my students years ago. You couldn't ask for better folks.

Can anyone help us with this one?

Another good shop is Schuch's on West 10th, not far west of Girl's School Road. I've never had work done by them, but I've heard nothing but good reviews by many people in the community.

I wish I could be more helpful, but maybe someone can piggyback. I'm also not sure I spelled Schuch's right.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Here's what I found on yellowbook. He might still be at this location, but I'm not sure.

McGuire Auto Service
    8806 Crawfordsville Rd
    Indianapolis,IN46234
    317-243-3008

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Thanks for the help Principal Skinr. I'll definitely keep him in mind. I'm hoping I can find someone who will come to my house for a quick test spin, I live on the NE side and I don't know if I can safely drive to the west side.

Engine03

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Indy
    Try Colman Automotive there located at 106th and college on the east side of college just south of 106th St. I have had some work done there and they are fair 846-8916

blackenedman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    can you give a description of the problem? I drive a 2000 ram 2500 4x4, have a factory service manual, and do most of my own work. was a mechanic in a former life...

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Board member danielocean is right up the street from you Cory. 96th and Fall Creek. He works on my cars now. Fair price and works at a dealership that services cars way over my price range.

Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Another good shop is Schuch's on West 10th, not far west of Girl's School Road. I've never had work done by them, but I've heard nothing but good reviews by many people in the community.

I will second on Such's or however it is spelled. I have been taking all my cars to him since I knew of his shop. Always treated me right, always told me what exactly the problem was and had me back on the road ASAP. There are some things he won't fix but it is rare and understandable, he will tell you he cant as well. Usually the things he cant do are alignments and what not since he has a smaller shop. Amazing guy though! He has been the mechanic for my parents since they knew about him.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If you want something South/Greenwood-ish, try Greene's Automotive.

One of the guys that works there used to post here, actually. haven't seen anything by him in a long time, though...can't even remember the nickname.

Greene's Automotive
    976 South Morgantown Road
    Greenwood, Indiana, 46143
    Phone: (317)881-5967

They're on the SW corner of Morgantown and Smith Valley.

I've been there for a wheel-bearing replacement...did right by me. They also come highly recommended by several people at my church.

-J-

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Thanks Guys. I've got the problem isolated to the wheel bearing/hub assembly and Fenway has recommended a member here who lives close and might be willing to help. I've got a message in his inbox. I also dropped the truck off at a shop close by (to satisfy my wife) and I'm waiting for their estimate. We'll see what happens.

Thanks for the help!

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    I also have a friend who's a chrysler certified mechanic who does side work. If nothing else pans out, I can give you his number. Just PM me if you need it.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    There is a shop in Avon, I believe, owned by a guy named Mr. McGuire. I can't remember his first name, but he is a strong Christian man and really knows his stuff. He is always reasonable, and if there's nothing wrong, he'll tell you. ...

Perchance would that shop be Diamond Collision? I ask because I had an issue with my car last night and his was the first name to come to mind as an INGO advertiser. I dropped him a PM and had a reply in very short order with good advice and information. I promised him (AllenM) that I would happily recommend his services to anyone in need of such. I am fulfilling that promise without hesitation now.

:+1: AllenM!!

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom