• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    They make a wagon version I'd love to have. 556 HP second gen is a wicked ride.

wxnpqh6pdvpdzg0pzyss.jpg
    Latest gen is sedan only.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Sweet cars, but IMHO, the standard 3.6L CTS is pretty darn sporty. At the time of production that was the highest horsepower production V6 put in a car from what I recall.

Of course the 5L40E transmission has valve body issues and they don't hold up unless they have an aftermarket VBX (Sonnax) valve-body installed.

I (my wife really) has a 2004, when the tranny went out a while back I rebuilt it with the VBX valve body and put a Sonnax performance PCV valve in the pump. Car gives a more firm shift now and local tranny shop that did the install for me said he's pretty impressed.

Last but not least, not many people rebuild the 5L40E because it's complex, takes a lot of special tools, and typically the pumps get galled and there is no known rebuilder in the US for the pumps. I rebuilt my own pump, made my own piston install tools (over $1k to buy them), got creative on some of the more complex tasks, and got it done. If anybody needs 5L40E work I can/will do it but I don't do the R&R (remove & reinstall).

I'll be calling you when something breaks and we can fix it. :stickpoke:

Was going to say, the only part you'll hate is the refueling. And there will be plenty of it...

Saving my receipts for the groan test at the end of the year :D

They make a wagon version I'd love to have. 556 HP second gen is a wicked ride.

wxnpqh6pdvpdzg0pzyss.jpg

The wagon, or vagon as some people call it was available in the 2nd gen models, 2009-2015. It had the 6.2L Supercharged LSA engine producing 556 HP. These are quite a bit more $ than the gen 1. I don't think you can find one used under 30k right now regardless of the year (2009+) and mileage. The Vagons are particularly rare and are more sought after.

Nice, how do you like it so far?

Loving it. I made a couple slight appearance modifications to the grill...:whistle:

1947725_10156725578200571_5290845407608690538_n_1.jpg

Top Bottom