• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    As for which dealer it was, I honestly don't remember what their name was. The guy who said it was the owner, and has been there for the last few shows, but he was new probably a year or so ago. I remember the first time I saw him there anyway.

His name had Indy or Indiana in it, big yellow banner over the tables. He had a little work bench setup on one end where he was assembling lowers. He had Spikes and RRA lowers primarily, and would sell them bare, or assembled how you wanted. From the front door, facing in towards the main room, he was on the right hand side of the room, maybe 2 rows in, at about the middle of the room.

He also said in his rambling that they are working on building a new shop somewhere in or around Indy. A 3 story building with a training room and indoor firing range on the bottom floor.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Huh thats funny, I couldnt disagree with the guy more.

If had to be in a gunfight with someone, knowing he was a dirt-shooting hill billy with a bumpfire stock would put me at ease.

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    If those stocks were 40-50 bucks, and not so God awfully ugly, I might buy one.

I've tried one and immediately forgot about cost and looks. :).

As far as the OP. You would think a dealer(even if he peronally feels that way) selling what he was selling would not want to say anything negative about anything firearm related since that is where at least part of his living is made. I don't remember seeing him, but by the time I got to that part of the room I couldn't see anything but a multitude of bodies trying to inch along in both directions.:(

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

If had to be in a gunfight with someone, knowing he was a dirt-shooting hill billy with a bumpfire stock would put me at ease.

Have you ever been in a gun fight? I promise you will not want to find out if he's a hillbilly just to put yourself at ease, even if rounds are hitting the dirt.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Quiz time!

What is the basis of legislation?

Right, to seek economic rents or create barriers to entry.

Why is the dealer upset? Because he does not sell the slide fire stock but his competition does.

What to do? Ban what the competition is selling.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Opinions, everybody is entitled to them. Just make sure you cancel out his vote at the ballot box.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Another basis of the law is nihilism.

Some people do not like other people having fun and will work to destroy the ability of other people's fun.

My brother now lives in Pennsylvania, which is one of the most statist places on earth. He tells a story of a co-worker viewing some Southern contraption, a self-propelled hunting platform--a "critter gitter", and the co-worker immediately said it should be "banned".

My brother laughed and asked why. His co-worked said that he would never use it and the jacklegs on it looked like they were having fun.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Have you ever been in a gun fight? I promise you will not want to find out if he's a hillbilly just to put yourself at ease, even if rounds are hitting the dirt.

Humour Que, Humour.

I know you mods live in a very literal world. I should have decorated it with smilies.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Hum.. if only Slide Fire made one for the 10/22 or any .22lr type of rifle then it can be cheap to shoot away.

-Jedi
    Umm, they do. They will fit any adjustable stock AR.

So anyone who has one is a dirt-shooting hillbilly? :noway: BTW I know some hillibillies that could outshoot about anybody.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    They are more accurate than you would expect. :cool:

I overheard something at the show that irked me too.
    customer "I need a bright red dot scope, something like an EOTech but those are way too expensive for me"
    seller "I make you good dear on EOTech" as he led the customer over to those $49 airsoft clone looking sights. What a schmuck!

kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    Sellersburg
    Hum.. if only Slide Fire made one for the 10/22 or any .22lr type of rifle then it can be cheap to shoot away.

-Jedi

actually there was a company at the 1500 that had one for the 10/22
    it was more expensive because it also came with a KIDD drop in trigger group which it requires to work right....all that to say....i want one bad!!!

Top Bottom