• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I was looking at some Spike's stripped lowers at the 1500 on Saturday at one of the dealers tables, when I heard someone say something about the Slide Fire stocks, and 'how long do you think before those get banned', to which the dealer replied "I hope they ban those things, and I hope they do it quick!", or something like that.

I couldn't believe my ears.

His logic: 'Ive been shot at, and Ive been shot, and I dont like being outgunned'. He mentioned that he was in the military, and has been in the police, and does training with some PD today, and he was really against anyone being above to own a Slide Fire stock.

Sometimes, I just dont get it. Are you with us or against us? because your cranking out built AR lowers as fast as you can, the whole time I was standing there..........

I almost wish I could have bought a completed lower from him, then when he was done, bought a slidefire stock over for him to put on it ;)

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I guess he forgot the original intent of that forgotten document, which if he was really in the military he swore to uphold.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    According to his logic then we should all be equipped with single shot air-soft guns.

Pray tell which dealer was it? I think I know, but I honestly don't want to give any business to one who holds such attitudes.

Man, those air soft guns can put a major welt on you. I don't think he would really be in favor of that. No one wants to get shot by some of those airsoft guns even if they are single shot.

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    @ OP - Hearing that would have irked me too. I had a nice, long-winded rant typed out detailing why I disagreed with what the dealer said, but then I realized I'd just be preaching to the choir.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I am unsure what military or police agency he was "outgunned" by slide fire stocks. I must have it pretty well then!
    ^^^this^^^ If his unit was out gunned because somebody had a slide fire, he must have been in one sorry assed unit! :laugh::laugh::laugh: No wonder the guy has an ax to grind with a law abiding citizen owning something like a slide fire. What a loser!

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    That guy is a douchebag! I must admit, I have been afraid of slidefire stocks being banned now that they have an AK version. As soon as some moron goes on a shooting spree with a slidefire equipt "evil" AK, the media is going to go ballistic (pardon the pun) and the politicians will scramble some kind of legislation together....hopefully they don't take more than just slidefire stocks when that time comes. Leave our hi cap mags alone!!!!

ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Do the Slide Fire stocks actually work that well? Didn't know it was anything to feel "outgunned" by not having, but I haven't tried one yet. The vids look cool, but always wondered if it would make the rifle (AK-47) awkward to shoot.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Do the Slide Fire stocks actually work that well? Didn't know it was anything to feel "outgunned" by not having, but I haven't tried one yet. The vids look cool, but always wondered if it would make the rifle (AK-47) awkward to shoot.

Someone was shooting a slidefire equipped 9mm AR out at MCFG a couple of weeks ago. It seems that if you're not afraid of it , it works. If you're a hesitant shooter or your wallet has an iron hinge when it comes to ammo, you might have some issues to overcome.

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    TT - Slide Fire is a stock that helps you Bump Fire the rifle. Bump Fire -ing is done by holding the gun and trigger finger in a manner that simulates full auto operation. Mucho videos on-line about this.

I get concerned about the reaction that may occur due to this type of product. It could draw some unwanted legal attention to ARs and AKs and any other semi-auto gun. Imagine what it would be like if the lawyers decided that any weapon that can be made to fire rapidly by the use of any external equipment should be banned.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    i want one as well, but the fact that it would be amazingly fun and insanely expensive to keep having that fun is what is drawing me away.

Hum.. if only Slide Fire made one for the 10/22 or any .22lr type of rifle then it can be cheap to shoot away.

-Jedi

Top Bottom