• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BSUrugger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Behind the reticle
    ...For making me wait so long! All I need is my LPK and my tungsten buffer. The LPK is coming this week, but they are waiting on tungsten to come in so they can make more buffers! This is my first build and I can't wait any longer!!! :(

But seriously, I dont hate Spike's. Ranting complete.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I make it a point to NOT buy direct from spikes. I wait until the part I want is in stock at AimSurplus and get it delivered to my house in less than 2 days.

Sorry about your troubles... Spikes has been building a reputation of being in over the heads as far keeping items in stock and shipping in a timely manner. Do what I do, and go with a vender.

Last edited:

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    I love Spikes product but their wait times are long. I buy most of my Spikes items from Joeboboutfitters.com good prices and free shipping with orders over $90. they are out of stock on the two items I'm waiting on though(Enhanced LPK, and pistol buffer assembly) but they have them on order.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    I used to be a big fan of Spikes but as of lately I think my money is better spent with PSA. I'm thinking about doing a thread comparing my Spike build to my PSA. The last Spikes build I did was a complete Spikes lower and a complete Spikes mid-length, 14.5", "Elite" upper. The fit between the upper and lower is quite sloppy and when you compare the parts they really aren't any better than PSA. I've noticed the trigger group and selector lever are IDENTICAL to the PSA as are the BCG (except for being engraved with different logos) and front sight base. One of my PSA rifles is the 14.5" with a pinned and welded YHM flash hider and my Spikes 14.5" has the pinned and welded Dynacomp. The weld on the PSA is ground and refinished beautifully enough, that it's barely noticeable (just noticeable enough to prove it's there). The Spikes just has a weld globbed on with no grinding or refinishing.

BSUrugger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Behind the reticle
    I'm more or less just impatient. I called them today and they were able to send out my LPK and estimated it would be here today. I was going to use joeboboutfitters.com but they were out of stock on the LPK I wanted. That's why I went direct. The waiting is killing me cuz I want to shoot this build ASAP!

CtWest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Here
    I'm more or less just impatient. I called them today and they were able to send out my LPK and estimated it would be here today. I was going to use joeboboutfitters.com but they were out of stock on the LPK I wanted. That's why I went direct. The waiting is killing me cuz I want to shoot this build ASAP!

Stop being a whiney A.s.s.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ive never ordered from Spikes directly till this weekend, and today I got a confirmation that my order has been shipped today. lol shaaawing

UKWildcats45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    I love Spikes product but their wait times are long. I buy most of my Spikes items from Joeboboutfitters.com good prices and free shipping with orders over $90. they are out of stock on the two items I'm waiting on though(Enhanced LPK, and pistol buffer assembly) but they have them on order.

Don't forget the free T-Shirt with $50 order (I think) -- order Rock River LPK and A2 stock for a build and got a free shirt -- alot of shirt to choose from also.

UK

kilo11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Avon,IN
    Spike's would get it there if they could. Believe me!

I ordered a gun from them about 2 years ago and it showed up at my FFL in less than a week! I hate that they've gotten so popular but I guess that's what happens when you make high quality guns.

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    ...For making me wait so long! All I need is my LPK and my tungsten buffer. The LPK is coming this week, but they are waiting on tungsten to come in so they can make more buffers! This is my first build and I can't wait any longer!!! :(

But seriously, I dont hate Spike's. Ranting complete.

I just ordered an enhanced LPK and Buffer from them last Saturday.. came in the mail today. Was delayed for a day while they tracked down a buffer.. told me the same thing at first about them being out of Tungsten powder.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    What does a tungsten buffer do for you that a regular one doesn't?

Can't be cheap for a tungsten buffer?

All of the H-weight buffers have tungsten in them. H-1 buffer has two steel weights and one tungsten weight. H-2 has two tungsten and one steel. H-3 is all tungsten. Heavier weights retard the action a bit. The heaviest buffer that will reliably cycle your weapon is best. You will get the smoothest operation this way. If you're running a can, the heavier buffer helps to reduce gas blowback.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    All of the H-weight buffers have tungsten in them. H-1 buffer has two steel weights and one tungsten weight. H-2 has two tungsten and one steel. H-3 is all tungsten. Heavier weights retard the action a bit. The heaviest buffer that will reliably cycle your weapon is best. You will get the smoothest operation this way. If you're running a can, the heavier buffer helps to reduce gas blowback.

Thanks for the explanation. I continue to learn. So this carbine buffer that I am holding in my hand right now, look closely, :):what is rattling inside? Is that tungsten or something else, since it is a 10 dollar buffer I picked out of the bin at Rock River?

Is H weight something proprietary to Spikes? I don't know how I could have missed this term after all these years of AR usage.

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom