• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Fellow INGOer Rocked and I made a road trip yesterday up to Midwest Gun Exchange. Once the lightheadedness went away from the sight of all of those wonderful toys all so beautifully displayed we got down to business of handling firearms. The police turn in Glock 22's were a no brainer and one of those had to come home. Next came The 22's. Had a hard time deciding on a Ruger slab stainless with target rosewood grips, a Buckmark that I have not seen before but was awesome. Fluted barrel wood grips and last but not least a Smith model 41 that was to die for. The grips on that thing were like putting my hands around my wifes......never mind.....

The people at Midwest were very helpful and knowledgeable and this store is someplace that you should try to visit. They put more guns in my hand to feel and compare then I would have imagined.

And then I saw this. Springfield Trophy Match 1911 .45 ACP
    PI9140L.jpg

Fit on this gun was perfect. The grips have a sharp texture that may tear up your hands a little but there was no chance of slippage. This weapon didn't go home with me yesterday but it sure wanted to. I had to walk away and come back several times. It was a little much for a impulse buy.

Any one here have a Trophy Match that they would like to share their opinions on? Would love to hear your input.

All in all a great day of gun shopping. Also stopped at Bullseye on the way home and saw the nice folks there, They had a decent supply and prices seemed fair.

We also stopped at Dunhams in Kokomo and although they had a good supply of ammo it was very overpriced,

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I've looked at them, but I like the Springfield Professional much better (if going with a Springfield).

Deal breakers (for Kirk):

1. Mag well, don't like them, harder to rip out stuck seated mag.
    2. Ambi safety, tears up my hand at gun school, not needed and it hurts me.
    3. Adjustible sights, tear up my hands on malf drills.

Again, this is merely my opinion. It's a fine gun and it depends on what you want to do with it, ymmv.:twocents:

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    Midwest gave me a good deal on a Springfield XD. They're on my way home from work so I get to go there often. Great store, unbelievable selection

jmancobra

Plinker
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    kokomo
    i bought my EMP there. they gave me a hell of a deal. ive seen em goin on gunbroker used for what i paid for mine. too bad for that damn sales tax though :n00b:

HollidaySlim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I was in Midwest yesterday and picked up a 10/22. I saw a group of people looking at a buckmark yesterday, were you guys there around 3:30ish? Gotta give a +1 for Midwest. Great selection and service (although I only buy from Cameron and Dave cause they are frickin awesome).

rocked

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Fishers
    No, we were there around 11:30 - 1:00 on Thursday, I think we were already to Bullseye by 3:30. But definately +1 on the store... can't wait to go back.

Teach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I've bought 3 handguns from Midwest in the last year. By far got the best deal on all 3 of them. Great service and great prices. Like a man's toys r us!! :-)

Top Bottom