• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theundeadelvis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    I thought people were nuts for all the panic buying. No way I was falling into that trap. BUT, recently I was stricken with Russian Fever. I HAD to have an AK. Watching the forums, hearing stories, I couldn't help but think, "what if I've lost my chance to own an AK?!"

Well, I took off work a little early, and went down to my LGS. They had a huge empty wall with one unconverted Saiga 7.62x39 on the wall. I had to have, but payday is tomorrow? I traded my Sig 1911 straight-up for it. I loved that Sig, but I figured, I'll probably be able to replace it later on down the road. Besides, the guys at the LGS are pretty good dudes, and I got what I wanted.

Now I gotta order the conversion parts ASAP, but I don't even know what I need?!

theundeadelvis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    I had it in the classifieds for a couple days, didn't get a lot of traffic. I got the Sig dirt cheap, and for me, eating the money difference wasn't as important as having what I really wanted, and not wishing I did years down the road. I know it was a horrible trade monetarily speaking.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    But they'll be back in stock...oh boy.

Us pistol guys are gonna score large with this frenzy. I made another thread earlier today and alluded to this.

Somebody HAD to have an AR and traded in their brand new Sig Sauer M11 A1 P228, which were just released. LGS prices are $850-$1000. I got it for $700 at Cabelas today.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    hell yeah dude.
    dont sweat it man. 1911s are a diamond dozen

Did you mean 1911's are a DIME A DOZEN, kinda sounds like DIAMOND.

To the OP, I wish I had seen your ad sooner, I would have just bought it off of you.
    I like the Tac Pac, but every time I seen one for sale it is the "railed" version, I'm just not a fan of rails on 1911's

CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    Though not personally a fan of the Kalashnikov, I have to simply say that the heart wants what the heart wants. Can't blame a guy for that. I've made plenty of trades that most people would consider crazy, but I had to have it.

Darkstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Jackson County
    To OP:
    I had a similar situation happen to me. I really wanted an AK, but I was afraid that the panic buyers where going to either buy them all out or drive the price up beyond rational thought. I was a day off on getting paid and there was only one saiga left. I ended up trading my glock for it. Wasn't too bad a deal, I got one that was completely converted with pistol grip, tapco fcg, and bullet guide for a straight up trade. I also got two steel mags and enough ammo to get me going too. I then went and bought the rest of the ammo and mags I could afford which was a good idea since the rest was gone the next day. I thought alot about the trade though, but what it came down to was that I kept thinking "I should have bought an AK instead" which is why I chose to trade. I figured I can always go and buy another glock, they aren't being panic bought. But as long as you feel good about the trade, then you did alright because what you feel is what's important.

Top Bottom