• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    After five seconds of wanting to see if I could, I was able to put my contacts in without taking off my glasses first! Situational awareness, improved. :rockwoot:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I slid them under my glasses and got them in. I didn't have that 10s inability to see that my enemies might have been plotting to use against me. I hate to say it in public, but now I have no weaknesses.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    You are not truly free from weakness until you can Foley yourself blindfolded with only your off hand.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I don't get it. Did you have to have your glasses on in order to find your eyes? :dunno:

No, but looking back on my 25 years of contact lens wearing, I realized I have always taken off my glasses and put them in without visual assistance. Then I realized it was actually the easy way out since my eyes were readily available. I wanted to see if I could sneak the contacts in behind the lens of my glasses and get them in without removing the glasses first. Answer: yes. Just wanted to change a habit I've had for a long time and see what happened.

Now I can go back to doing it the regular way until I get the laser correction done.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Wow ... if you need to be that situationally aware, maybe you should be doing something else instead of putting in contacts at that specific time?

Now wait until you give yourself a paper cut on your cornea. :laugh:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Doc, this is a landmark accomplishment!! (add purple as deemed appropriate). Your prescription is a LOT more time at the target range. Curious if your new found skill result in any improvement there!! :):

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    So, with glasses on over your contacts, I'm guessing that honey bee buzzing past your head looks to be the size of a baseball?:runaway: :):

Top Bottom