• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I just had to buy it. I got a lead on this gun from a fellow INGOer and went to check it out. Needless to say I was smitten. It is a 1968 vintage Python LNIB. :rockwoot:Thanks for making me poorer Chad. ;)

DSCF2151.jpg

DSCF2152.jpg

DSCF2153.jpg

DSCF2155.jpg

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    That is a very nice Colt. Do you plan to fire it or keep it pristine for future value?

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    That is a very nice Colt. Do you plan to fire it or keep it pristine for future value?

Please shoot it...and then shoot it some more. Who cares about some collector 50 years from now getting a cherry gun. The only way a gun can truly be be appreciated is at the range. Safe queens are a waste of space...

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I have a 4" shooter. I don't know if I can bring myself to shoot this one. It really is that nice.

I am not sure of round count, but it can't be high. I wouldn't be surprised if it was only test fired.

The other NIB examples I have seen have only had one cylinder with a fire ring on it, but I have heard of others that have been test fired all 6 times. I have also seen ads for them with a test target with 5-6 shots.

I wish I had a test target for this one.

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Please shoot it...and then shoot it some more. Who cares about some collector 50 years from now getting a cherry gun. The only way a gun can truly be be appreciated is at the range. Safe queens are a waste of space...

I could not agree more! This is exactly why I shoot my 30 year old Scoremaster every single opportunity I have. It's the best way to appreciate the engineering that was well ahead of its time and also the time and effort that went into the manufacturing of the pistol.

To the OP - sorry for the semi-offtopic comment. I am not really a wheelgun guy but that sure is a pretty gun. You are free to do what you wish with your own guns but I hope you do shoot it to honor the craftsmanship, time, and effort required to make such a fine handgun.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    VERY NICE PYTHON!!! I have a 2.5" and 4" and love em both. I wish they weren't so expensive, I'd love to have a 6" Python. I agree though, shoot it!

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I am sooooo tempted to shoot it, but this is the best one I have and I can't bring myself to do it. Maybe if I can find a 50's vintage in similar condition, I will start putting this one in the range bag.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    I understand your reluctance, but it's kind of like getting married and never taking off the garter belt, or buying a Harley and not opening it up every once in a while. It was made to be shot, not to sit on the shelf and be looked at.

I can honestly tell anyone who asks, if it was mine I would be at the range right friggin now, I tell you wut!!

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    That is an awesome and beautiful gun.

But it is made to be shot, and I would have to fire it atleast a few times myself. (it won't hurt it):shoot:

Top Bottom