• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lemmitt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    New Albany
    That is outrageous!!! I cannot believe the government released that kind of information like they were somehow at fault for legally owning and registering weapons! Such a shame how things have gotten these days

bthomas

Marksman
    Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 28, 2012
    Winchester
    It would be nice if anyone that was burglarized could sue the paper. If they're not on the list then criminals know that they are an easy target.

Last edited:

jabbett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Perhaps the newspaper should publish the names and addresses of everyone who receives welfare and Medicade too.?What an outcry that would create!

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    the permit owner's information is public record.... that's how the newspaper made the interactive map showing where all gun owners were. However, if it's a matter of public record, you should be forced to go down to the county courthouse and look the stuff up individually... not how the newspaper used said info in the manner in which it did. There will be a lawsuit, I promise you. Not only did they endanger LEGAL GUN OWNERS, but everyone else as well.

Avec

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Public record - case will be dropped. Like it or not, they did not violate any rights. Similar to the newspaper publishing a list of property owners of vacant property. I think it was certainly done out of spite, but they did not break any law.

Ectoman86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I'd be lying if I didn't think this would happen.
    Ready made map - Check
    Firearms increasing in price - Check

Last edited:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Public record - case will be dropped. Like it or not, they did not violate any rights. Similar to the newspaper publishing a list of property owners of vacant property. I think it was certainly done out of spite, but they did not break any law.

Did you read the article at all? No lawsuit is in the OP. The second article is about the newspaper being sued because they "falesly and publicly" IDed a business as a legal gun owner. The business claims they lost business due to them "owning" a gun.

Hopefully the judge throws it out and says that they should be happy that they lost customers who are so unAmerican that they won't support a business that supports the Constitution, and tells the newspaper to take their **** down before someone gets killed due to their idiocy.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Actually they don't have to break a "law" to be found liable in a Civil case. A good lawyer may be able to convince a Jury that they endangered the persons and the "public". That they knowingly published the information to "endanger" and defame the permit owners. This was done by bringing it to the attention of the Public (including the Criminal element). I would LOVE to be on a Jury when that lawsuit does get filed. I would be sure the Newspaper didn't have enough money left to pay for a can of Ink.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The paper did something in poor taste, that only helps the law breakers. That is not what I would consider to be in the interest of the health of the community. Totally irresponsible.

The only way to really get the papers attention is to start writting the advertisers and tell them you will no longer spend money on their products if they continue to support a paper that acts so foolishly and causes harm to public safety.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Hannity had an audience full of them on his show last night. They were very well spoken and produced some great arguments.

A few former LEOs on there are now scared for their lives because the local prisons/jails have this paper and plenty of folks in there now know where the guy that put them away lives.

Sad. This was meant to harrass the gun owners, not make their neighborhoods a safer place to live.

Another interesting point brought up by a 1st Ammendment attorney, is that (if I can remember it correctly) the names of the primary homeowners who are the CCW permit holders were listed. The attorney went on to say that Mr. Soandso has a CCW at this address, BUT so do his wife and 21 year old son, but THEIR names WERE NOT published and apparently it is these omissions that may prove in court that the paper was solely in the business of PUBLISHING ADDRESSES of CCW holders and not CCW holders legal info.

Last edited:

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Just saw this:

45166d1358187719-remember-newspaper-published-address-publisher.jpg

Top Bottom