• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Kind of true. Heres the deal. A couple years ago I was working Corporate Security for another bank and Huntington had a robbery that resulted in a teller being shot and she lost the twins that she was pregnant with. Shortly after they added the secure vestibles to around 11 or so branches. Most of them were in areas of previous armed robberies or higher risk. The branches with the secure vestibles have a no weapons policy and if the customers dont like that they can choose to go through the drive through, use the ATM or go to another branch. I've personally seen these doors stop armed robberies so they work. :rockwoot:

How long does it take a Huntington branch to install those secure doors? I worked a short security gig at the Huntington branch in Broadripple a few weekends ago after it had been robbed a few days earlier. As far as I know they haven't done anything new to the entry but I haven't been back there yet.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Uh..I don't know if I "felt it necessary to voice my opinion" anywhere, but I did. I never thought I'd be questioned about that ability..apparently I was wrong.
    Completely misses the point. If you have nothing to contribute in the one thread devoted to the topic, why would it be contributory in a thread on a different topic? Doesn't make sense. :dunno:

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    How long does it take a Huntington branch to install those secure doors? I worked a short security gig at the Huntington branch in Broadripple a few weekends ago after it had been robbed a few days earlier. As far as I know they haven't done anything new to the entry but I haven't been back there yet.

Just because it was robbed doesn't mean its going to get a secure vestibule. I don't think people realize how active Indianapolis is in regards to robberies.

MPH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    <~NOT a 'Baker' unit
    Completely misses the point. If you have nothing to contribute in the one thread devoted to the topic, why would it be contributory in a thread on a different topic? Doesn't make sense. :dunno:

"Nothing to contribute to this thread" Really?

It's this type of D-bag inflammatory comment that attempts to squelch others, especially relatively silent posters from adding their thoughts and engaging in dialogue of a like minded nature, in this case, open carry in an establishment. While I may have added some further opinions/thoughts on the topic of OC in general, they do add to further discussion, and someone else was kind enough to show a link to the OC thread. "Nothing to contribute to this thread" indeed :rolleyes:

Are you a Moderator, or some sort of Thread Police? Or are you just
    Trolling and bored on a beautiful day?

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I use the Fire Police City County FCU here in Fort Wayne. I can assure they have NO policy against carrying!:D Most of the FWPD and ACSD use this financial institution.

After much listening to Dave Ramsey and other sources I 100% refuse to do my financial business at ANY major bank no matter what. I will always use a credit union over a bank.

The only bank I deal with is Star Bank, and that is only because my employer uses them to deposit my HSA (Health Savings Account) money in it - until HSA's may be done away with under Obamacare (AKA the Affordable Care Act:n00b:.) Star is not a large bank, but a regional one if I have my facts straight.

Megabanks should not be supported in any way. In my opinion giving money to ANY organization that may later be deem "too big to fail" is just contributing to an already large problem.

Regards,

Doug

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I agree! I do mine at another bank. I don't think PNC has a policy, but then I don't open-carry so there are no doors to deal with, or any workers that may be frightened by a firearm.
    Off-topic sort of, but I've never understood those who do open-carry. Yeah, there is no law prohibiting it, but just because you Can do something..does it mean you Should? If I was a criminal and saw someone carrying, they would be my first target to remove and proceed with my nefarious acts.

And I've never understood why some people are so ****ing concerned with how others live. If you don't like it, fine. Don't tell me I shouldn't do it.

I can see why you don't post much. I'd prefer that you didn't at all.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I find it comical that people who feel they must parade around with openly carried weapons to scare off bad guys, largely because of a lack of trust of their fellow man, get butthurt so easily when someone whose life does not necessarily revolve around guns becomes uneasy at a total stranger with a weapon.

I suppose some people just can't see themselves as other see them.

Didn't take you long to get banned. Again. Well done.

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Originally Posted by MPH
    "I agree! I do mine at another bank. I don't think PNC has a policy, but then I don't open-carry so there are no doors to deal with, or any workers that may be frightened by a firearm.
    Off-topic sort of, but I've never understood those who do open-carry. Yeah, there is no law prohibiting it, but just because you Can do something..does it mean you Should? If I was a criminal and saw someone carrying, they would be my first target to remove and proceed with my nefarious acts."

Earth to you the doors have metal detectors that see through your clothes.

This isn't about open carry or concealing its about a banks policies on weapons. If the OP wants to provide me with names through PM I would be happy to look into this issue.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Huntington Bank
    1267 N Emerson Ave
    Greenwood, IN 46143
    (317) 887-8820

I've been banking here longer than I care to remember. I've openly carried a firearm into this bank since I've had a LTCH. Most of the tellers know me and know I'm always a positive attitude customer.

About a half hour ago I was out doing some errands and had to stop by the bank as one of them. I walk in, smile, and greet the tellers and other employees then I make a B-line straight for the table to fill out a withdraw slip. As I start to fill out the slip I hear:

Teller: Are you police?
    Me: No.
    Teller: *Puzzled look*
    Me: *continute filling out slip*
    Teller: Then why do you have a weapon?
    Me: Because I'm a law abiding citizen with a license to.
    Teller: You can't have a weapon in a bank.
    Me: I have a License To Carry Hangun issued by the State of Indiana. It is completely legal for me to have a firearm in a bank.
    Teller: Do I need to call the police?
    Me: Do I need to speak to a manager?
    Teller: *says something under her breath*
    Me: We'll talk more after I finish this slip.

I didn't know if she had pushed a silent alarm or what. I just didn't know so I finish filling out my withdraw slip and walk up to the counter. I hand her the withdraw slip. She asks for my ID and I hand it to her. She scolds it for a moment and then hands it back. A few customers walk in and are in line behind me. She handed me the cash and I put it in my wallet. When I finish I say:

Me: Yes, just so you know, in the State of Indiana, it is not illegal to carry a firearm into a bank. If you see me or any other customers in here with a holstered weapon please don't assume we're criminals. I will be calling your manager to speak to him about this.
    Teller: Whatever you say.
    Me: Have a good rest of your day.

To be fair, I have never seen this teller before. She may be new to this location but I did not appreciate being threatened by calling the police. I don't even understand why she would threaten to call the police and then not follow through with it. Anyways, I called the bank when I got home and asked to speak to the manager. Whoever picked up said that he was out to lunch and that he would be back in about half an hour so I left my name and number for him to call back. Ugh.

I defiantly suggest reporting her to your manger because you did nothing wrong and was being harassed which is a crime although this wasnt a big enough incident. I would Simply tell him what happened and that you felt demonized by her demeanor.

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I defiantly suggest reporting her to your manger because you did nothing wrong and was being harassed which is a crime although this wasnt a big enough incident. I would Simply tell him what happened and that you felt demonized by her demeanor.
    A crime really? What a joke.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    "Nothing to contribute to this thread" Really?

It's this type of D-bag inflammatory comment that attempts to squelch others, especially relatively silent posters from adding their thoughts and engaging in dialogue of a like minded nature, in this case, open carry in an establishment. While I may have added some further opinions/thoughts on the topic of OC in general, they do add to further discussion, and someone else was kind enough to show a link to the OC thread. "Nothing to contribute to this thread" indeed :rolleyes:

Are you a Moderator, or some sort of Thread Police? Or are you just
    Trolling and bored on a beautiful day?

She is not a Mod, but I am :mods:

We are getting pretty close to the "name calling/insults" line here. Consider this your In Thread Warning. If this progresses, from anyone, this thread could be locked and the offending party temp banned.

BTW... While not specifically in the Rules, "thread jacking" ie posting off topic comments in someone else's thread, is considered "bad netiquette".

ddavidson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Clermont, IN
    It sounds like another case of someone trying to enforce his/her personal laws. I bank at Huntington and have never had an issue. You could always organize an OC field trip to the bank. :):

BTW... While not specifically in the Rules, "thread jacking" ie posting off topic comments in someone else's thread, is considered "bad netiquette".

Lucky for you it isn't or you'd probably have to quit your day job to keep up.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    It sounds like another case of someone trying to enforce his/her personal laws. I bank at Huntington and have never had an issue. You could always organize an OC field trip to the bank. :):

Lucky for you it isn't or you'd probably have to quit your day job to keep up.

Indeed :D

Top Bottom