• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wbower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Martinsville
    An old timer from my hometown used to put those little metal survey flags that utility companies use in the mole runs every so often. He would then sit on his porch and drink beer with a 12 gauge and when a flag would start wiggling like something was hitting it, he would sneak over there and shoot at the flag at close range. He swore it worked and got him away from his wife.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    ""An old timer from my hometown used to put those little metal survey flags that utility companies use in the mole runs every so often. He would then sit on his porch and drink beer with a 12 gauge and when a flag would start wiggling like something was hitting it, he would sneak over there and shoot at the flag at close range. He swore it worked and got him away from his wife.""

Nah, doesn't work. You need a bunker buster.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    ""Another strange animal that serves no useful purpose other than to daily yank my chain.[/QUOTE]

Wrong! Wrong! They eat up all the grubs, then die of starvation. No chemicals! Win/Win. I can set you up.;)

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    When you get serious, buy these, best mole traps ever. Pet and kid safe too since they are below ground. Your mower will appreciate them as well.

How to Set a Mole Trap | Victor® Out O'Sight® Mole Trap - Twin Pack

Moles also eat worms so killing the grubs only goes so far if you have quality soil with worms in it. Still, you should kill grubs anyway. After using Grubex, use Milky Spore for long term population control. Try to get everyone around you to use it too!

Soak the runs with a mix of soap, **** and castor oil. They don't like castor oil. They will run into your neighbor's yard. Then spray the lawn perimeter with the mix to help keep them out. If you pay attention, you can figure out where the new runs are, collapse them and flood them out. The mole will tunnel right to the surface............WHAM with a shovel baby.

Dogs do a number on them too unless you own POS ornamental dogs with long fur, no brains, useless noses, crappy eye sight and no hunting instincts whatsoever. Those are decorations that poop, not dogs.

LongRangeBushy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Wabash County
    If you go to a landscaping store or Farming,Lowes or Home Depot, Tractor Supply they sell a product that is basically gummy worms for moles.. I forget the chemical ... However, you just stick a screwdriver in the moles run and make a hole to drop the worm in .. Bam moles eat the worm and gone.. Works Great and easy to do...

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Carbon monoxide from your car exhaust. An adapter from the hardware store from your exhaust pipe to a garden hose. Put the hose into a tunnel, start your engine. It doesn't take very long to kill all of them.

Friend of mine does this with an old pressure washer that has a bad pump, hooks up a hose to the exhaust and shoves the hose in the hole. I mash all the runs down with my lawn tractor so I have a 'clean slate', then I come back in a few hours and see where the critter is working.. When I see the ground moving I determine which way his head is and and start shooting a .22 Auto pistol from his rear toward his head at 3 inches from the ground, then flip out the mole with the shovel..great satisfaction.

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    I agree the Victor out of site , these are the best mole trap
    You must find the main runs ( not feeder runs) main runs usually run right up next to drive ways , flower beds , foundations and side walks.

You can set the feeder runs and never make a catch but set the "main" runs and catch several a day

hunter_47443

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Greene Co.
    My Mole Controls

My two Jack Russell Terriers- Foster ( Roughcoat ) & Rosie
    The trap is called an Easy Set Mole Eliminater.
    This is the best trap that I have found! You can find them on eBay & they are also made here in Indiana!
    PICT0126.jpg

PICT0100-1.jpg

Just put it in the run after you smash it down-step on the top of it, come back a little later and you have your mole!!
    PICT0120.jpg

This is what it looks like when it is set (don't set it before you put it in the ground)
    PICT0121.jpg

After it is set
    PICT0124.jpg

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    I have killed them with a pitchfork, with phosgene gas, (you hvac guys know what that is) and my multitool. Go to Lowes and buy Mole repellant. It is a mixture of castor oil and water. You hook it to your garden hose and spray your yard, just like a weed killer. It took till the end of the year, but they are gone and have stayed gon now for 10 years. My neighbors still have them, but I don't!

heatman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    Sheridan
    The best way to get rid of moles is trapping. Easy to do and I want to see the body. I use a trap I believe made by nash sold at menards. It's not the spike type. Kind of reminds me of using a conibear trap for muskrats. Here's one of my victims.
    mole.jpg

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Is castor oil going to have any effect on my apple trees, blueberries, etc.?

I have trapped these buggers in the past, but I get tired figuring out the main runs. Then setting traps. I'm lazy.

Auto exhaust or repellant sound the easiest.

heatman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    Sheridan
    I usually get them in the 1st 24 hrs. I use the lawn tractor to flatten all runs and look for 1st active one.

Link to the trap I use
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Nash-Choker-Loop-Mole-Trap/dp/B000P9CNT2]Amazon.com: Nash Choker Loop Mole Trap: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I just applied some repellant, mixture of cinnamon oil, garlic and white pepper. Sounds like a garnish on some trendy dinner, and almost too greenie to work, but we'll see.

Redundancy being the root of success in these matters, I will also deploy some poison fake worms. Thank you Rural King.

When I was a kid I thought moles were sort of cute (Wind in the Willows maybe) but now they're just useless and annoying little buggers. Like that Judy Collins song...

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I remembe rmy dad walking on the little mounds the make and when he saw the dirt moving where they where hed open up with an old break down 20guage. That was pretty effective

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    They make poisonous smoke bombs you can shove down the holes which is really cool because you can watch the smoke seep out of other runs you did not know were even there.

Top Bottom