• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    I was just going through the NRA website on insurance and discovered they have Hunting Insurance to cover liability while hunting on your own, private or public land.

I didn't know this was available and no I didn't do a search before posting this to see if it had been posted before. LOLOL

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Usually, liability arising out of your actions (as long as not intentional) covered. Exclusions for use of motor vehicles etc are in there. Call your agent and confirm how your policy reads.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Its already covered by your homeowners.

Usually, liability arising out of your actions (as long as not intentional) covered. Exclusions for use of motor vehicles etc are in there. Call your agent and confirm how your policy reads.

Only thing I could see as an underwriter stating that you intentionally fired the gun that accidentally shot someone, therefore not covered.

Although you should identify your target prior to pulling the trigger.

Same argument for self defense in a home. Many policies do not cover it becuase it is an intentional act. Lukily umbrella policies do and many companies are begenning to exclude the self defense exclusion!

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    We are not talking about a self defense shooting. A hunting accident is much different.

Nothing would be covered then. You intentionally started the chainsaw and cut the tree. Accidentally it landed on your neighbors garage. Covered.

Intent, reasonable expectation come into play.

Top Bottom