• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The Bull Moose Sportsmen's Alliance is pro 2A and also pro universal background checks. They released the results of a poll that shows wide support of hunters in favor of UBC's. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Basically this group and other like minded sportsman feel that it's their duty as responsible gun owners to try and do something to stop another Sandy Hook from happening.

'If there's a chance that we can do something to stop another Sandy Hook from happening, it is our responsibility as sportsmen,'" said Cooper

Of course these groups of sportsmen are the kind of gun owners that the Obama administration has sought out to back their play when in comes to gun restrictions because they are viewed as more sympathetic to "common sense" gun legislation according to their definition of what common sense is.

As the White House has pushed to expand gun restrictions after Sandy Hook, it has reached out to gun enthusiasts like Cooper and Perricone, both of whom met with Vice President Joe Biden's task force on gun violence. "As responsible gun owners, we just thought it was important for us to be part of that conversation," said Tim Mauck, Bull Moose's other co-director and a county commissioner in rural Clear Creek County, west of Denver.

Hunters' group tries to chart new course on guns

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    First he says this:
    "We are pro-gun, there's no two ways about that," Perricone, 29, said recently in an interview, stressing that his group opposes bans on assault weapons or high-capacity magazines. "But we're also mothers and fathers. ... We don't want to see another Newtown."

But they did this:
    Bull Moose did not get involved in the high-profile debate in the Colorado Legislature over firearms. The state's Democratic governor last month signed bills requiring universal background checks and banning high-capacity gun magazines, leading to boycotts by some hunting groups.

Because of this, they now say:
    Perricone said Bull Moose focuses on federal issues.

Even though that miscarriage happened in their own state.

Hmmmmmm.....

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I am interested in seeing their polling data. I am sure if I started a club of any sort and polled the members & their familys, of said club the data would be overwhelmingly in support of our political stance on the subject of the poll.

Just because these Jacklegs out in CO got together and asked each other a bunch of nonsensical questions does not make this a valid or even relevant source of data. Screw that guy.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    They miss the point that it infringes on the right to keep and bear arms. All Hunters do not necessarily use guns for anything but hunting. They are not great representatives of all gun owners.

Scttmtclf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    Kosciusko Co
    Proves the divide and concur plan is working.

Unfortunately, these uninformed, mentally deficient, "Pro-2A" hunters miss the point once again. As we all know, the 2A was never about hunting!

If I still had hair, I might pull it all out if I hear one more person say that there is some connection between hunting and the 2A

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Bus1_edited-web-4RR.jpg

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Another front group.

Whatever happened to the American Hunters group that Soros trotted out in the mid-90s?

Or just plain ignorant. Yes there are many of these type of gun owners out there. Probably more than you think.

Mostly of an older crowd. I do know some elderly that have been hunters or even still hunt in a few cases that don't carry personal defense weapons. They also only watch brain washing mass media. They don't concern themselves with current events from the pro gun side, only the news stories of evil black guns (which they don't own) killing children. They don't belong to anything like a forum, for them the internet is a bewildering mysterious thing they would never have in their house. I hear these types talking at the barber shop and occasionally even the VFW.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom