• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    No, next time your buddy wants to go shooting offer to drive and on the way home tell him you need to stop to pick something up. Then you carry one and ask him to help you carry a second without telling him what you want them for.

Report back on the looks you get :lmfao:

Oh yea, perhaps you want to buy a bulk pack of condums too, for the benifit of the nice lady checking you out.
    Those're to go over the end of the muzzle, right? For water resistance? <winkwink nudgenudge> knowwhatImean?knowwhatImean?

Oh, and as for the reason for disarming people after Katrina:
    They don't need any reason other than a) people have guns and b) It's a day that ends in Y.

Blessings,
    B

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    OK, here is a reference to what I was refering to. This is video about Hurrican Katrina and the disarming the average citizen

Multimedia

Watch it, think about it, and watch it again.

Then think about just what you would do!

I watched it three times. I've shown that and others to my girls because they take EVERYTHING for granted. Our oldest had no idea this ever happened even after we have talked about before. Showing this video really opened their eyes and I hope they start not taking things for granted like they have. You should have seen the oldest's eyes when I told her how this happens all over the world on a daily basis. And when I told her that kids in other parts of the world can't even leave their house to ride their bikes in fear of militants, I thought she was going to cry. Ahhh the innocence of childhood. Maybe if everyone exposed their kids to the harsh realities that others all over the world face, then maybe they wouldn't grow up taking all things for granted.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I watched it three times. I've shown that and others to my girls because they take EVERYTHING for granted. Our oldest had no idea this ever happened even after we have talked about before. Showing this video really opened their eyes and I hope they start not taking things for granted like they have. You should have seen the oldest's eyes when I told her how this happens all over the world on a daily basis. And when I told her that kids in other parts of the world can't even leave their house to ride their bikes in fear of militants, I thought she was going to cry. Ahhh the innocence of childhood. Maybe if everyone exposed their kids to the harsh realities that others all over the world face, then maybe they wouldn't grow up taking all things for granted.

You are so right! WE are the ones that have to do it. Outside sources such as schools place blinders on the children. I am a school bus driver and have seen how they "protect" the children by blocking out any negative that may come their way. For example: the bus drivers have to be careful about dressing for Halloween. We are not allowed to dress in anything that might be perceived as frightening - witches, Frankenstein, etc. (If you hide what is going on, then it didn't happen) And of course the schools and the "politically correct" expect parents to follow suit as well.
    I will state right now: I AM NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT! And never will be. That is not to say that I will 'get in someone's face', but I will avoid any situation where I would be expected to lie.
    (And the fools can't even see that they are harming our children by teaching them this way.)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Ahhh the innocence of childhood. Maybe if everyone exposed their kids to the harsh realities that others all over the world face, then maybe they wouldn't grow up taking all things for granted.

You are so right! WE are the ones that have to do it. Outside sources such as schools place blinders on the children. I am a school bus driver and have seen how they "protect" the children by blocking out any negative that may come their way. For example: the bus drivers have to be careful about dressing for Halloween. We are not allowed to dress in anything that might be perceived as frightening - witches, Frankenstein, etc. (If you hide what is going on, then it didn't happen) And of course the schools and the "politically correct" expect parents to follow suit as well.
    I will state right now: I AM NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT! And never will be. That is not to say that I will 'get in someone's face', but I will avoid any situation where I would be expected to lie.
    (And the fools can't even see that they are harming our children by teaching them this way.)

The best quote I've ever heard on this is "Prepare the child for the path, not the path for the child." I absolutely love that quote, and believe it or not, heard it from a man who has no children. Probably the only time a non-parent's advice is good advice for those of us who do have children. :thumbsup:

"Prepare the child for the path, not the path for the child." Brilliant. Absolutely effing brilliant.

Blessings,
    B

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    The best quote I've ever heard on this is "Prepare the child for the path, not the path for the child." I absolutely love that quote, and believe it or not, heard it from a man who has no children. Probably the only time a non-parent's advice is good advice for those of us who do have children. :thumbsup:

"Prepare the child for the path, not the path for the child." Brilliant. Absolutely effing brilliant.

Blessings,
    B

One of the few wise man.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Ok. This post was from 07/02/08 but it just showed up in my email today (10/25/11). What's up with that?

(No added comments after this one to "renew" this thread. :dunno:) Huh?

nosybobby52's trying to make it to 50.

Apparently, he believes he can fly under the one-liner radar by putting the useless posts in old threads. My inbox is full of this old stuff too. It'd be OK if someone was actually contributing, but nosybobby just wants 50...

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    If memory serves me correctly. In a state of emergency "Katrina, Tornado, Earthquake,Etc" It is illegal to carry or poses a firearm. I think this also holds true in a riot scenario (L.A.).

foxxie02

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    May 23, 2008
    time to bury guns you say..

then its time to load up some mags and get the ammo boxes ready because it is time to use them NOT bury them!!:ar15: no purple

nosybobby52

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2011
    i'd think a 357 sprayed with w-d40 inside 4 or 5 ziplocks would be the ticket,and bout 100 rounds of ammo. just don't leave it buried for too long ,check it every other year.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    i'd think a 357 sprayed with w-d40 inside 4 or 5 ziplocks would be the ticket,and bout 100 rounds of ammo. just don't leave it buried for too long ,check it every other year.

If the grips are wooden, kiss them good bye. The ammo will also be useless if the WD-41 gets to the primers. Personally, I'd coat it with Riggers Gun Grease and pack some silica dessicant with it then seal it.

If it's sealed properly you can leave it stored for years.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Haven't tried this but thought I'd share it...Some of the politics discussed are opinionated and strong since its a few years old but the sealing is interesting...

"your guns' enemies are water, oxygen, and the federal government" :rolleyes:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLISsCyi5EI[/ame]

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The ammo will also be useless if the WD-41 gets to the primers....

Is that like Formula 410?
    [ame="http://www.livevideo.com/video/TemplarKnight/057EEB6A897B4C3080175CE01FB3ED02/formula-409-commercial.aspx"]Formula 409 Commercial - Channel: TemplarKnight on LiveVideo.com[/ame]

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    The mylar wouldn't hold up to puncture very well. I didn't watch the whole video though he may have addressed that.
    Stay away from the PVC screw in, clean out fittings. You can't seal them well enough to keep the water out. I know a guy that ruined an sks while finding that out. No, it wasn't me.
    You'd be better off just gluing caps on the end and taping a plastic wrapped hack saw to the side of the tube to get it open.Or maybe one of those wire saws.

Top Bottom