How many times have you slipped AND fell on this ice?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Fell once yesterday, at noon, on the driveway. Broke ankle. Bummer. Not allowed out of the house until this crap thaws. Bigger Bummer. Crutches even worse on ice.:(

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I didn't get the chance to see it, but my brother busted his butt while chasing his truck...which was sliding backwards down his driveway after he got out of it. I would LOVE to have video of that!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Zero for me. I keep a pair of the little rubber slip on ice cleats that I wear in this nasty stuff. They work well.

jlm223

Aim Small Miss Small
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Muncie
    I have been down twice, trying to clean the cars off, same spot, as I get older, I don't get up as quick as I use to.

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    I have had 3 falls, my MS gives me some lovely slow response times. First slip I had zero time to catch myself and I put the back of my head through the inch and a half of ice we got out here. I dunno how long I was out cold but I woke up with the back of my head soaking wet and looking at the sky, head throbbed for about 4 days. Other 2 times I was lucky enough to catch myself and laugh about it.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Well i didn't fall but, i did slip while swinging a tool at a window while working a car fire. The slip changed the trajectory of my hand causing it to get pinched between tool and A post of window. Removed glove after fire was out. Look at that, pinched the tip of my middle finger right off. Wonderful, surgery, now i get to ride a desk for 4-6 weeks while it heels.

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    Twice. The first time I kinda caught myself on the way down. The second time I was clearing my truck off in the driveway, which is pretty steep, and slipped and fell and actually slid under the truck.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Ive almost fell multiple times, which isnt unusual with the ice, but I finally bit the dust on Thursday. First time Ive fallen in the ice in years.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I have nearly fallen several times, but my cat-like reflexes and balance have saved me. I did fall once though, it seemed like it'd be really fun to skate down my driveway. I made it all the way to the bottom...

latj

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    I've slipped several times but only fell once. Getting out of my truck and feet slid out and I went down pretty hard. Cut my hand open on the truck door but not bad. Friend of mine went down on his porch stairs and broke two ribs. Wife has fell twice, I think she's about to just start hibernating for the winter now

JayPea

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Youngsville
    The wife slipped yesterday and landed straight on her back and butt and winded her for a few minutes. My 3 year old slipped and busted his lip. He was sledding so he really didn't even notice.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Thankfully I haven't fallen...yet. :):

But I went to Wal-Mart 2 days ago...looking for the elusive salt for my driveway. All they had was rock salt for water softeners. It wasn't what I wanted...but at this point...it's better than nothing.

I had 8 bags in the back of my Jeep Cherokee. I backed up to the garage and opened the back tailgate. I unloaded all but the last 2 bags that had slid up towards the front of the vehicle. I put my legs against the rear bumper and leaned waaaay in to reach the bags...being mindful that my feet didn't slide out from under me.

All of a sudden the Jeep started moving forward. I thought "crap...you didn't put it in park". It had rolled about 5 feet and I grabbed the back bumper and tried to stop it. It rolled about another 5 feet before it stopped. Then I realized...it was in park...it was just sliding down hill on the ice.

I don't think I've ever seen that happen before...where a car, shut off and in park slid forward. All I could see was my Jeep rolling across the road into my neighbor's truck. :):

Top Bottom