How many times have you slipped AND fell on this ice?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blakduglis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    I stepped out the back door to take the garbage to the can, stepped off of the deck and it was on. The little hill behind the house was a sheet of ice. I slid 20 yards to the fence. I fell a couple of times trying to get back to the house. Of course once my kids heard about the sheet of ice covering the hill, they were out the door with both of my dogs and didn't come back for a couple of hours. I wish I still enjoyed the ice as much as they do!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    We don't have too much ice but I got to watch someone bust their Macbook whatever when they were walking on campus. I guess even a hipster weighing in at about 120 pounds is too heavy to sandwich a Macbook between a sidewalk and their back. Looked like they had about 20 pounds of books in their bag as well. Hipster cried, many people laughed.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Fell once in the driveway.....looked around and no one saw it. (I always do that...doesn't make sense.) My wife fell in the driveway twice, but was uninjured. I watched her fall, and she looked around just like I had done, and caught me laughing...er, rather.... with a concerned look on my face. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!! ;)

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Falling all over

I haven't hit the ground so far, but I am lucky enough to have one side of the driveway clear and dry. All it took was timely applications of ice-melt, a little shoveling, and the snow blower.

My wife is a nurse in the St. Francis South ER. They have been very busy with victims of falls.

cburnworth

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I thought it was funny watching my son fall about three times. then I decided to play fetch with my golden, it was funny watching him slide past the stick.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    none for me... as posted above, I spent $5 at Lowes and got some inexpensive elastic crampons. 10 seconds on and off, and no slips/falls.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Another vote here for the Yak Traks. They are absolutely amazing! Our yard is a solid sheet of ice and with those on I can run and chase my dogs like I'm on dry pavement. IMO if you don't have a pair you're just asking for trouble.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    No falls...but I did some interesting ninja-like moves to keep my balance once. Wasn't worried about *me*...didn't want to fall and hurt the Kimber. :D

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    what?!

It wasn't broke at the shop yesterday!

Fell last night and snapped both bones in my wrist right below the hardware already in there, I go see my ortho guy Monday, I'll give you a call after I find out how bad it is

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    I took a devastating blow yesterday, and went down HARD.

I was unloading some full trash cans out of the back of my truck. Picked one up, turned around, and BAM! My feet went right out from under me. My right shoulder mainly took the hit, but I went down so hard that it somehow knocked the wind out of me.

I laid on the ground for a couple of minutes before I got up.

It was very lonely out there, and no one would have heard my cries for help.

;)

Top Bottom